Views
Helpful
Replies

GateKeeper Compatible Routers

crumdub12
Beginner
Beginner

A Chairde,

Can I setup an H323 GateKeeper on a 7609 / AS5350 ???? If not, what boxes can I use for this ???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

teodorgeorgiev
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The H323 gatekeeper feature is supported on these series, 2500, 2600, 3600, 3700, 7200, MC3810.

The AS5350 can not be used as a gatekeeper.

Btw, I am almost sure you will be disappointed from the Cisco gatekeeper. It only provides basic features.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

teodorgeorgiev
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The H323 gatekeeper feature is supported on these series, 2500, 2600, 3600, 3700, 7200, MC3810.

The AS5350 can not be used as a gatekeeper.

Btw, I am almost sure you will be disappointed from the Cisco gatekeeper. It only provides basic features.

Thanks Teo,

This answers my question, I think you can also have GK running on 7200 series ( Overkill I know !!)

What GK would you recomend ??? (GNU GK etc ...)

Depends on what you are looking for.

GnuGK is a very good choice. The only features it lacks is - LAR (Look Ahead routing)/failover routing.

Aqua (a russian gatekeeper) is another excellent choice, free of charge for up to 30 lines.

MERA (MVTS) is the best one, for very serious application. Paid.

If you intend to have a very large and complex network - look at MERA.

Btw, if you insist using Cisco, you better go with the IP-IP gateway (12.3 IOS). It has a lot of functions, like media-proxy, media flow-around, codec-negotiation control and etc.

Teo,

Thanks for all the help.

Slan / Ed

It is OK. If you need any other assistance (even non-cisco-related) - ask freely.

cya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: