Hairpinning not taking place on as5800

prasannac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am try to work around with my as5800 the following call flow :

customer---->telco house---->as5800------>Telco house

<232....> <PRI 2722055> <PRI ID 2055> <160221>

This I want to do by sharing same E1 PRI for both inbound and outbound dial-peer.The config I did for dial-peer is :

translation-rule 1

rule 0 2055 160221

dial-peer voice 2171 pots

incoming called number 217232....

dial-peer voice 2172 pots

destination-pattern 2055

translate-outgoing called 1

port 1/0/2:d

I dont have any voice feature card in as5800 and presently it used for only internet dial up access and no voice application.

The information I got from cisco site is :

"call hairpinning without the need of a Voice Feature Card (and its digital signal processor) is available only on the Cisco AS5800"

Till now no success for me.

Pls help.

thanks and regds,

Prasanna

7 Replies 7

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

You may like to check the following URL which has the config details.

Configuring Network Side ISDN PRI Signaling, Trunking, and Switching

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca716.html

amitgami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Prasanna,

If I understand correctly, u are not doing VoIP at all. In this case, dial-peers will not be required. The hairpinning relates to VoIP calls and is available for TDM-TDM calls only.

For dial-up only configurations, the VFC and DSP are also not required, which is true to your scenario.

Also, Please clarify the call direction and ISDN configurations for clarity.

thanks & regards,

Amit.

Amit,

My as5800 is having 6 PRI's.All but one I am trying to use for PSTN to PSTN voice application.Other 5 PRI's are for internet dial up access.

I am using it first time for the voice app.

The calls will originate from telco house terminate on my PRI bearing no.2722055.The incoming called no.presented to the as5800 by telco is 2055(last four digits).Now I want to reroute this call with digit replacement ie 160221(the IVR no.) thro the same PRI towards telco.

I gathered from cisco site that in two stage dialing whenever the voip part of the n/w is not available the calls originated from pstn can be rerouted to pstn.

"Communication Between Dial Peers Sharing the Same Router =>

This type of configuration is similar to the configuration used for hairpinning, which occurs when a voice call destined for the packet network is instead routed back over the PSTN because the packet network is unavailable."

Following is the config of my serial int

!

interface Serial1/0/2:15

no ip address

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice modem

!

Elsewhere in the forum I posted the same query and got the feedback that I am running the old IOS 12.1(5)T8.The problem can be fixed by going for upgrade to 12.2 or even 12.3.

Pls help.

Regds,

Prasanna

Hi Prasanna,

I guess what u need is a simple configuration as shown below

voice-port 1/2/0:d

translate called 1

!

translation-rule 1

rule 0 2055 160221

!

dial-peer voice 160221 pots

destination 160221

port 1/2/0:D

!

-------------------------

The above configuration attempts to rewrite the called number before it begins pattern matching. Once the packet is rewritten, dial-peer can be used to identify destination leg.

Please let me know, if this worked.

thanks,

regards,

Amit.

Amit

Sorry its not working.

But Eureka!!! following config is working =>

translation-rule 1

Rule 0 2055 160221

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 2055

translate-outgoing called 1

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0/2:D

!

voice-port 1/0/2:D

!

But this only partially solves my problem.My actual requirement is =>

1.After the number 160221 is dialed I want to dial the 10 digit calling card number with a pause of 4 secs the period required for getting the announcement prompting me to dial 10 digit calling card number.

2.I want the calling line identity to be presented to the calling card system is that of originating number of telco and not PRI number (2722055)

Whether it is possible.I think we are very near to the solution.

regds,

Prasanna

amitgami
Level 1
Level 1

Prasanna,

Once the call is established/processed, AS5400 is not capable of inserting any digits. This function of adding digits automatically after the call is established may require special TCL scripts on AS5400.

However, AS5400 would transparently send DTMF digits from originating party once the call is hairpinned.

Further, to transmit the CLID of originating station, u need to receive proper CLID from your carrier. AS5400 does not change CLID if it recieves one.

regards,

Amit.

Amit

I am using AS5800.I am receiving the correct CLID from carrier but since PRI number is originator of the call for telco it is taking its CLID.

Also I don't want to alter the CLID received from telco and pass on to calling card system as it is.

Since I have not worked on TCL scripts before pls guide me how to go about it.

Also can the same config works for E1 R2 signalling because E1 R2 circuits don't have its own CLID.

Regds,

Prasanna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: