cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hold and Transfer soft keys missing on some calls

melvin.fong
Level 1
Level 1

We are on CM 4.1.3sr3 and 7960 phone load P00003007020400 and have experienced on some calls not all calls missing softkeys "Hold" and "Transfer" during an incoming call both internal and external. I have erased the config on a phone and reloaded it. I have thought of deleting the set and deleting the phone load and building it over and let it build a new phone load.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

21 Replies 21

Still happening with CCM 5.1(2) 7961 and phone version SCCP41.8-2-2SR3S. Again, if the user presses the line button of the active call, the softkeys are displayed correctly. This post goes back to '06 and we are now staring down the barrel of '08. Did anyone ever find a resolution or reason for this? I'll also try running it by TAC.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So does the issue only occur when a call is already in place and a new call comes in and there is a delay before the new softkey set appears before answering the call?

This behavior is expected, as there is an inactivity timer that kicks off since the last time a button was pressed and if that inactivity timer has not expired, the new softkey set for the incoming call might not display in case the user is intending to use the current softkey set to do something with the current call.

If the inactvitiy timer has not expired, and a new call comes in - if the user wishes to answer the call immediately, he/she must use the up/down arrow or "rocker" (on the 7970 series) to answer the call.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately that's not the case. The instance occurs if the user is on or off of the phone. When a call appears on an idle phone and the user answers it the soft keys do not update and looks as if the phone is still idle despite the active call. If the user presses the line key the active call is on the soft keys update. Thank you for your post.

We are running CCM 4.2 and we are also experiencing intermittent hold issue. Appreciate if you can update this post with a solution to this problem. Thanks a lot.

Maybe Auto-Line select is the issue. I have seen this cause issue's with softkeys before.

HTH, Please rate if so

Regards,

Justin

Our issue was resolved with an updated phone load. I believe we had to get to 41.8-3-1 or higher.

I am having the same issues with the intermitted disappearing transfer softkeys but we are not running SIP. Our phone load for 7960's are SCCP - P00308000800 and we only see this problem with 5 ip phones (7960) unfortunately one of the phones belongs to a VIP. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: