Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to divert a range of DN to voicemail in case of emergency

Hi,

i got a range of dn 5000 to 5999 that i would need to divert in one go to a message saying "emergency evacuation, call later"

anyone got experience with this?

unity 8.5

cucm 7.1.5

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm not aware of any feature for this requirement, not sure if a 3rd party tool can do this, for this kind of behavior the caller should have to go through an IVR first so you can modify the IVR setup and get this behavior.

You might want to reach your account manager or local Cisco SE so they can open a Product Enhancement Request for you.

Chris.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please indicate what is the call flow? are all calls passing through CUC first then the end user? or are those DIDs?

If caller is passing through CUC then you can setup the main call handler to switch to the alternate greeting (containing the emergency prompt).

If you have a main number with an operator you may transfer this to a CUC call handler that does the same as above.

If these are DIDs, you may use a BAT pre-created file to do this remotely.

Any more detailed info is useful!

HTH.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

thanks for your time.

yes all calls are going through cucm then to their cisco phones.

the idea is if a fire drill, the office manager would call from a mobile phone a number which would trigger all the office phones to go to a greeting saying office closed for fire etc...

i hope that make sense

thanks

I'm not aware of any feature for this requirement, not sure if a 3rd party tool can do this, for this kind of behavior the caller should have to go through an IVR first so you can modify the IVR setup and get this behavior.

You might want to reach your account manager or local Cisco SE so they can open a Product Enhancement Request for you.

Chris.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: