Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to play an announcement before ringing the phone CUCM/Unity

Hi,

we have a departement which have their calls recorded using a 3rd party application.

i would like to insert a greeting saying calls being recorded then ring the phone.

so you ring the DN - 8127766 then it goes to unity saying calls recorded then ring the phone with DN 8127766

unity 8.5

cucm 7.1.5

thanks

9 Replies 9

anurag99998
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This can be achieved using a call handler where in you can record a greeting to the call handler opening greeting and then you can set the after greeting action to ring 8127766 phone.

Call Flow:

Create a CTI route point which will accept the calls on CUCM -->Call Forward all-->Call Handler(Same extension as that odf the CTI Route point)-->Edit-->Greetings-->Record your Custom greeting-->Set after greeting to ring the phone.

I hope this will help.

hi

thanks for this

what dn do i put on the phone?

i cant put a cti dn on the phone

thanks

Hi Louis,

I understand this thread is almost a year back, I have a similar requirement fora customer and have been trying to find a way to achieve this.

Were you able to get this working? If so did you use the hunt pilot way to get this working or used the System call handler.

Appreciate any help or guidance over this?

Thanks

Alok

hi,

what version of cucm do you have?

I did it using cucm 10.5.2 via a hunt pilot BUT the costumed audio file couldn't be played and TAC had to fix it

Hello,

did you try this ?

I have just configured with custom greeting but still hear the default greating.

hi

you need to change from default to custom greeting ...

but no I didn't try that, we are on cucm 10.5 and we would use hunt group call queuing which can play a greeting

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

please let me know if 8127766  is just an extension or an external line.

if it is an external one, is it FXO, E1 or SIP? also who do you want to hear that voice msg? all callers ( internal and external).

Regards,

Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy

hi

8127766 is an external and ext. it s e1 isdn30 circuit. want all callers to hear it

thanks

the solution provided is for single extention..

how if the same requirement is for all extention..

then what will be call flow..

Also, hope it can be supported on 8.5 or 9.x version as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: