Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Groups with CM 4.1

dustin.hollis
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with a Hunt Group:

I want to have Unity recieve a call, play Opening Greeting, then release transfer to a Hunt Pilot (1100), which goes to a HG, then the LG which uses broadcast to 3 phones (7801-7803). These three phones ring, and then it should Forward No Answer to 7770, the VM Pilot number, go back to Unity, play Opening Greeting again, etc....

The problem is, the Forward No Answer after the Hunt Group Ring just goes fast busy.

I tried dialing the Hunt Pilot directly without a transfer from Unity, and it Forward No Answers to Unity just fine, but when Unity dumps to Opening Greeting and then transfers me back again to the hunt group and the hunt doesn't answer, Hunt Forward No Answer doesn't send me back to Unity, I get a fast busy.

The Hunt Pilots are in the None Partition, and they also have a calling search space listed in the Hunt FNA and Hunt BNA.

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

I guess, if you play around with the Unity's Routing rules, you can make this work.

It's a limitation of Hunt Groups. You can't failover to another hunt pilot. You can, however, add the unity ports to another line group and then roll to that..which I did.

As you roll to Unity is there a way to pass the subscriber extension you want the voicemail to be left with?

Your problem may be that Unity is dropping the call on purpose - if Unity dials out to something that forwards back to itself (back to Unity) then I think it will see that as a loop...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get it to work by creating a specific call routing rule for the hunt group number that is calling Unity.

Which exact version of CCM are you using??

CCM 4.1(3)sr1 or earlier does not support 'Call Forward No Answer on a hunt group pilot point for transferred calls'

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsb53977

Hope that helps!!!

Regards,

Pambos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: