Views
Helpful
Replies

incomming call on linksys pap2-na

hans.moller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a linksys PAP2-NA and I'm trying to setup the incomming call to ring on both lines simutaneously.

I have the same SIP account on both lines, and the DID supports 2 channels, therefore it should work.

However when a call comes, I'm able to answer it using line 1. If another call comes, line 2 doesn't ring.

Also, when line 1 rings, line 2 doesn't.

I know that the pap2 supports the use of codec g729, but only on 1 line at a time, which means that if line 1 is using it, line 2 will need to use any other available codec. And DIDs need g729 to work.

But, is it possible to have 2 lines ringing at the same time? does the pap2 even support that?

Thanks

Hans

5 Replies 5

I use SPA2102 and it works as you expected. I've the same account on both line 1 and 2. During an incoming call both lines ringing.

Try to check if the SIP PORT under line menu are different. In my case the line 1 uses 5060 port and line 2 5061.

Regards.

Thank you Daniele, however the issue is that the PAP2 cpu is not capable of using codec g729 on both lines simultaneously, whereas the SPA2102 is. I found the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10024/products_qanda_item09186a0080a35d91.shtml

What I need to know is, if both lines are not in use, and a phone call comes, is it possible to have both ringing?

Thanks

If your ITSP supports call forking and you configure the same account on both lines of the PAP with different SIP port, the answer is, yes.

I don't have a PAP but the SPA2102 works in this way. An incoming call is forked on line 1 and 2 simultaneously, so both lines ring.

Regards.

Thanks for the info. I think the issue may be related to the PAP2 version that I'm using. I've been testing the PAP2-NA device, however I found at another forum that the PAP2T does offer that functionality, as it is higher in both RAM and CPU than the PAP2.

My ITSP does support call forking and I've tested it using the same account on a softphone and the device. Both will ring, so it should also work with the PAP2. I haven't tested it yet, but I will publish my results later today.

Thanks!

Even though I found the answer to my question on the web, I did the test myself just to make sure. The PAP2T does not support 2 incomming calls, the reason is the codec g729. All the DID provider companies I've used so far, need codec g729 in order for the incomming call to work, and since the PAP support only 1 use of that codec at a time, it doesn't work.

The solution is to use the SPA2100 or SPA2102.

https://communities.cisco.com/thread/9023

Thanks a lot for your help on this anyways, appreciate it.