cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

International calls don't work ....... ??????????????.............?????????

tareqrebhi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear any help for Dial Peer to international Calls i can not do any international calls .... i did these commands:

translation-rule 5

Rule 1 ^001 1

dial-peer voice 5 pots

numbering-type network

destination-pattern 00

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

translate-outgoing called 5

port 7/0:D

national calls are ok.

any help please to do dial peer for international calls?

thank you

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take "debug isdn q931" with "term mon" and check.

Note you don't need:

numbering-type network

Also if you need to translate number please use translation-profile and rules, not the older commands that are obsolete.

ok man,

i attached my debug files for Q931 but i saw many causes for drop calls (no route, unassigned number,...) see them please.

i don't know where the problem exact i moved the calls to other GW it worked fine, but when i use AS5400 as my GW the calls failed.

can advise for using translation-profile and rules i did not work before with these commands.

Just to be in mind i have local destination numbers i used to:

translation-rule 1

Rule 1 ^03 3

Rule 2 ^06 6

Rule 3 ^07 7

Rule 4 ^05 5

Rule 5 ^02 2

Rule 6 ^5050#9622 2

Rule 7 ^5050#9623 3

Rule 8 ^5050#9627 7

Rule 9 ^5050#9625 5

Rule 10 ^5050#9626 6

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern .T

translate-outgoing called 1

port 7/0:D

now how i can use translation-profile and rules for those and international calls?

thank you for help.

Tareq

sorry this debug file

Hi, as mentioned above the problem is that you're setting numbering type network and you shouldn't:

Called Party Number i = 0xB1, '0019174687056'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Network specific

Leave "unknow" and it will work fine. See this document to about translation profile and rules. The ones that you have now, can be optimized a lot.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml

As an appreciation to those providing answers, please rate useful posts with the scrollbox below!

smjaggers
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a dial pattern that I know works:

dial-peer voice 5 pots

destination-pattern 011T

port 0/0/0:23

prefix 011

The port number will be different for you based on your setup, plus if you have to dial a number to get an outside line you have to add that to the dest-patt, for example if you have to dial a 9 for and outside line it would be:

destination-pattern 9011T

Also you may want to talk to your telephone provider, ours (verizon) did not read our forwarded numbers correctly so the call would not go through. They had to make a change to fix it.

Hope this helps you, I had an issue when I set up our international dialing as well.

hi Shawn,

hust use those commands:

dial-peer voice 5 pots

destination-pattern 011T

port 0/0/0:23

prefix 011

don't have to add translation rule for this dial peer for international calls?

if yes what best solution suggested for this translation rule.

BR.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: