Views
Helpful
Replies

iptoip gw isue

teodor.dobrev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all,

the problem is that on incoming voip dial-peer on a iptoip gateway the call is not redirected inwards to call manager. I see in voip ccapi that Final Destination flag is true. Any advice what can i do.

i will atach config and debug from voice ccapi inout. Incoming dial-peer is 106.

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

doesn't look like you are running an Ip-to-IP Gw image. These are special images which filename ends in _isv. Also licensing is required. So that if you can make the CCM to conntect directly to the other device, it would be simpler.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hm,

that was what i tought initialy - but how it works in the outgoing direction?

I can make calls from CCM to the VoIP provider through the voice gw but not inwards.

It was working untill now exactly as you say directly from ccm to voip provider.But i had to change it due to some unresovable isues with the 3th pafrty billing system:)

Any other thoughts?

Hi Teodor,

not sure why it works in one direction only. Would you try "debug voice dialpeer". On the other hand I'm confident you have configured the DP correctly.

Hi,

Again

here is the debug:

*Jul 5 06:46:58.664: //-1/4D7D51EFB63A/DPM/dpAssociateIncomingPeerCore:

Calling Number=6026, Called Number=4026, Voice-Interface=0x0,

Timeout=TRUE, Peer Encap Type=ENCAP_VOIP, Peer Search Type=PEER_TYPE_VOICE,

Peer Info Type=DIALPEER_INFO_SPEECH

Result=Success(0) after DP_MATCH_INCOMING_DNIS; Incoming Dial-peer=106

Calling Number=6026, Called Number=4026, Voice-Interface=0x0,

Timeout=TRUE, Peer Encap Type=ENCAP_VOIP, Peer Search Type=PEER_TYPE_VOICE,

Peer Info Type=DIALPEER_INFO_SPEECH

Result=Success(0) after DP_MATCH_INCOMING_DNIS; Incoming Dial-peer=106

So it matches on the incoming dial-peer 106 and that's it it should go to dial-peer 10 but no:)

I've checked what you told me about ios and you may be right so i'll find a good time now to test with 12.4(9)T-ivs.

Will keep you informed.

Thanks

Hi,

I solved it. You see that codec command on the dial-peer:)

Man it killed me.

Thanks for the help.

What do you mean? You had g711ulaw on both 106 and 10. What was the necessary codec ?

With an Ip-to-IP gateway image, you would have configured "transparent" and let the endpoints negotiate.

The necessary codec was g.729 only, and i have had configured g.711ulaw on the incoming dial-peer, thats why they didn't negotiate. After i set up g711u it worked out, mybe it will work with transparent also as you say. Will test it.

Is it true that i don't need the IP-to-IP IOS to implement a SIP or H323 trunk to the service provider?

My setup is as follows:centralized call processing,I need to connect the central callmanager cluster to the PSTN softswitch over IP hence utilize a 1 Gig link instead of using E1s. I am planning to have CCM---IPIPGW---PSTN.

Regards

Well it worked for me yes.

But i don't think it is correct from license point of view, you have to buy IP2IP GW license.

BR,

Teo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: