cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Cisco IP SPA 303 - not sure how to use

gregcoleman424
Level 1
Level 1

I received this phone as a gift (long story) but since its an IP phone, I am not sure I have a use for it. I have comcast triple play, and use the old style phone to connect to the jack on the comcast cable modem. However I would like to take advantage of what seems to be alot more features on this IP phone, but it didn't take long to realize just plugging the SW port into my router would do anything outside of assign the phone an IP address.

Can someone spare me the thought of disappointing someone and having to return this phone and tell me how I can make use of it? Its specifially for my home office. For example, do I have to subscribe to a VOIP provider and inherit yet another gadget adapter for my desktop? I looked at vonage and the device they use seems to be the same technology as comcast with the rj45 jack.

Any help appreciated.

2 Replies 2

gregcoleman424
Level 1
Level 1

Now I dont feel so bad. No else knows either!

I'm not sure about connecting it via Comcast Triple Play, but you can use it via Voip, and there are some well recommended inexpensive voip services. Usomo for example, have monthly rates from £2.99 for a basic service, whereas others such as VoipTalk have a business package of £29 if you wanted to use the 303 as a switchboard but my first guess is that you're looking to use it as a single user phone?