Replies

new in PGW

handoko.wiyanto
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i'm new in pgw,

i allready read the manuals,

but i cant find the proper command for saving the configuration of pgw.

i was using prov-rtrv:all in the mml, but this output is not that i need.

i need all the details configuration.

i was backing up the pgw, but it's very big file, i think the command that i used is also backing up the system.

any idea?

thanks,

hw

4 Replies 4

iostres
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

The command that would help you is:

prov-exp:all:dirname="some_directory_name"

This will dump your PGW config in /opt/CiscoMGC/etc/customer_specific/some_directory_name together with tables in timesTen database and trunkgroup/trunk provisioning file.

Regards,

Ivan

My appologies, the correct directory where configuration will be dumped is:

/opt/CiscoMGC/etc/cust_specific/some_directory_name

Regards,

Ivan

ic..

so when i use

prov-exp:all:dirname="Backup"

the pgw config will be store in

/opt/CiscoMGC/etc/cust_specific/Backup

cool..

letme try this first, i'l let you know.

only the config of pgw correct?

supposed the config in pgw is gone, can i restore back the config using vspt (from mnm) with this backup config file?

rgds,

hw

s.staege
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

For a backup you are better to do this (on unix shell):

# ls -la /opt/CiscoMGC/etc/active_link/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 mgcusr mgcgrp 44 Nov 02 15:00 /opt/CiscoMGC/etc/active_link/ -> /opt/CiscoMGC/etc/CONFIG_LIB/CFG_config1

This shows you where to find the PGW library for your active configuration. You can make a backup from this.

Changing between configuration libraries are made with the "config-lib" tool under /opt/CiscoMGC/local

Of cause you can use the files from 'prov-exp' command but e.g. if you have lots of dialplans need to know all relations and dependencies and it takes a much longer time.

Best examle is a hardware upgrade: all you have to do is installing the new hardware and PGW software like described in PGW2200 installation guide and then you copy your backup directory from the CONFIG_LIB folder to the new PGW.

With the ./config-lib tool you can copy this library to your active one.

Time with a pre-installed PGW around 5 minutes.

This CCO document might help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/vcallcon/ps2027/products_tech_note09186a008010ff0a.shtml

./regards

stephan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: