cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No employees found in Dial by Name Directory

CompTech499
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, so one of our employees brought this to my attention. When someone calls our office and then presses 1 to hear the directory options, it says there is no one in the directory. I've checked, and everyone is listed. Did I miss something?

Any ideas on what to check?

40 Replies 40

Could you do me a favor?  Please open the Services panel and take a screenshot of the services running on this server?  The screenshot is fishy to me because it appears as if you have multiple apps installed on the same server...do you only have one server for CCM and Unity?

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Is there anyway I could, from the only login we have, find out or

change all the passwords (there are a few services that I'll click and

the stored password is wrong, or a few that just don't go anywhere).

Or even find out the windows login for unityinstall? I've searched

this computer high and low. There is zero call viewer. Closest thing I

have is real time monitoring tool (which I can't access as we have no

password listed for it), CDR analysis/reporting (which goes to an

error page, see attached), and the dialed number analyzer (which also

has a password stored that doesn't work). I must admit, I'm quite

disappointed with this phone system, too much of a pain, and too much

that keeps going wrong.

Another issue that just appeared, is that another office now has an

incorrect greeting, and again, too many different systems on the

guides, so I have no clue on how to change it. And of course it isn't

as simple as calling a number and changing it.

Any new input?

To be honest with you, the tools you are talking about are not installed on a Unity server. Instead, they are installed on Call Manager. RTMT is a monitoring tool for CCM/CUCM and CDR is the Call Detail Record of the CCM. The CCM or Call Manager is the IP PBX. Unity is the voice messaging server. Looking at your screen shot, it appears to me that you have both Unity and Call Manager installed on the same box (or possibly just shortcuts to each application). If you do have both installed on 1 server, I've never know that to be a supported configuration. I don't think the phone system is a pain as much as lack of knowledge of the system is turning out to be for you. There are many folks here, including myself, that can assist with most any application but it's more difficult without some solid details. So, here are some questions:

1) How many physical servers do you have for UC apps? In most setups, you should have 2 CCM's - a Publisher and a Subscriber. For Unity, it depends on if you're doing voicemail only or Unified Messaging. In a VMO set up, you'd typically have 2 servers. Unity and then an Exchange server as the message store. In a UM setup, you'd have Unity. The message store would be your corporate mail system (Exchange or Domino). Optionally, you might have a backup Unity server in either scenario.

2) If the screen shot you sent is the only server you have, that would be a red flag to me. So, if you can post a screenshot of the services running on that server it would help. For Call Manager, the primary services will be called Cisco Call Manager, Cisco CDR Analysis and Reporting, etc. On Unity, the services typically start with AvCs or something along those lines. The primary part is the Av which stands for Active Voice - the product that was acquired and became Unity.

For your current issue, if you have a greeting that is recorded incorrectly. It is actually as simple as calling a number and changing it...however, it would require some setup when the system was built or doing it now. Either way, you need to be able to login to both CCM and Unity and get around with some assistance.

Hailey

In terms of the physical servers, I believe we have them in each city,

but if that's the case they are tied into one login. We do have

another server for Exchange, you would be correct on that, and they

are linked. I know that much.

And I can log into Unity and Call manager, but the other items I

mentioned, the passwords we have on file are incorrect.

It's more than possible to have the same login credentials for all the servers.  Doesn't mean they're the same account but at least the same user and password.  So, you believe you have different servers in each city...let me ask this:

When you connect via RDP to CCM and Unity - are they different IP addresses or what?  That's what I'm getting with how your system appears to be installed.

Hailey

CCM and Unity are the same IP. Exchange is a different IP.

Yeah, that's very unusual. How long ago was your system installed?

Couldn't tell ya. At least a few years.

Sent via Crackberry 9700, T-Mobile

So any ideas on our set up?

Unfortunately, all of the information I've gathered from you leads me to believe your setup is definitely not supported.  The only co-resident install of CUCM and voicemail that is supported is CUCM-BE (Business Edition) which is a Linux hardware appliance that runs CUCM and Unity Connection and supports up to 500 users.

In your case, it appears you're running a Windows-based version of CCM and Unity.  In that case, the underlying OS for CCM is a customized, hardened version of Windows that was modified by Cisco.  Unity runs a more commerical like setup.  Supported applications like CSA (Cisco Security Agent) are completely different for both applications and cannot run in tandem on the same machine.  In addition, patches that apply to Unity may not be tested for CCM and so forth.  In addition, they both have different hardware and software requirements.  A co-resident install of both CCM and Unity, to my knowledge, has never been a supported setup.  Without being able to get to the appropriate utilities (i.e., tools that reside on the OS - not within the web administration portal), it's hard to help troubleshoot via the forums.

Hailey

Alright! Thanks for the input. I'll forward down the line. Appreciate

your time and effort on the subject.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: