Views
Helpful
Replies

PGW2200 has a command PGW2200 has a command PGW2200 has a command

tareqrebhi
Level 1
Level 1

dear,

do PGW2200 has a command to show the running configuration?

like:

show ruu.

i need to see all configuration at my PGW.

26 Replies 26

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

You can use MML to configure your Cisco MGC, add components to your system, retrieve information about system components, and perform logging and tracing. I think there are no such command which will show running config.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/pgw/7/command/reference/R7mmlovw.html

i have other question.

i have now 2 E1 connected to my Cisco AS5400 and i need add new E1. No problem with configuration at AS BUT my problem with PGW2200 it is live and provide the system with services.

i scared to work with PGW at live mode...i heared to add any service at PGW i must remove all configuration then add it again with new services i need.

my question do i need to remove all configuration and add new E1 then configure the PGW again with new updates?

if yes can advice me with steps to re-configure PGW?

if you need to see configuration file i have or any resources i don't have any problem.

thank for any help.

Hi,

No, you do not have to remove all config and readd it.

If you need to add a new E1 to an existing NAS to an existing dpc, just start a provisioning session and add the nailedtrnks...

i.e.

prov-sta::srcver="active",dstver="1203trnks"

prov-add:nailedtrnk:name="xxx",srcsvc="ss7sigpath",dstsvc="nasath",srctimeslot="cic#",dstti

meslot="1",dstspan="nfasint#",spansize=31

prov-cpy

prov-sync

If you would like to skip timeslot 16 for e1, you can break it up into 2 commands:

prov-add:nailedtrnk:name="xxxx",srcsvc="ss7sigpath",srctimeslot="cic#",dstsvc="naspath",dstspan="

nfasint#",dsttimeslot="1",spansize=15

prov-add:nailedtrnk:name="yyyy",srcsvc="ss7sigpath",srctimeslot="cic#lasthalfe1",dstsvc="naspath",dstspan=

"nfasint#",dsttimeslot="17",spansize=15

Dear,

can give me more help... i need to give you my all configuration for PGW and if you can make notes above the new commands i need to use... this because any error from me will make the service down.

after you give me the notes i will study it more before apply it.

any way thank you.

Hi,

Can you please attach your existing config along with details on what you would like to add. Also attach the sh run from the NAS and specify which e1(s) on the NAS you would like to add.

Thanks

OK I think my PGW has nailed configuration I have this:

prov-add:files:name="bcfile",file="cccc/export_trunk.dat",action="IMPORT"

is it true?

Now I need to configure the new E1 which called (Madina)…you can use any samiliar format number or words with my configuration to understand it.

Can we start now?

Again thank you for help.

Hi,

Since I am not aware of which ss7path or naspath the new E1 belongs to, I included both as examples. Yes you are using Nailed config based on your trunk file.

First you need to find from your provider the SS7 CIC range for the new E1. I am assuming

CICs 32-63 in this example but you must use what the provider gives you in place

of srctimeslot. Also since you dont't need ss7 link on channel 1, it can be used as

a cic but again you will need to check with your provider.

Below is steps to add additional E1 (non service impacting)...

NAS config:

If E1 is for ss7p-jtc-abdali:

controller E1 7/2

framing NO-CRC4

pri-group timeslots 1-31 nfas_d none nfas_int 1 nfas_group 0

no shut

!

or

If E1 is for ss7p-jtc-tlaaali:

controller E1 7/2

framing NO-CRC4

pri-group timeslots 1-31 nfas_d none nfas_int 1 nfas_group 1

no shut

!

PGW config:

If for ss7p-jtc-abdali...

prov-sta::srcver="active",dstver="adde1"

prov-add:nailedtrnk:name="1031",srcsvc="ss7p-jtc-abdali",dstsvc="naspath1-abdali",srcspan="ffff",dstspan="1",srctimeslot="32",dsttimeslot="1",spansize=31

prov-cpy

prov-sync (if you have redundant PGWs)

(will add cics 32-63)

If for ss7p-jtc-tlaaali...

prov-sta::srcver="active",dstver="adde1"

prov-add:nailedtrnk:name="1031",srcsvc="ss7p-jtc-tlaaali",dstsvc="naspath2-tlaaali",srcspan="ffff",dstspan="1",srctimeslot="32",dsttimeslot="1",spansize=31

prov-cpy

prov-sync (if you have redundant PGWs)

(will add cics 32-63)

tks

scottP

ok do i need adding the following? :

numan-ed:cause:custgrpid="C000",causevalue=145,setname="CSCOADRST3"

prov-add:DPC:NAME="dpc-madina",DESC="DPC of madina ",NETADDR="0.21.3",NETIND=3

prov-add:SS7PATH:NAME="ss7p-location 1",DESC="ss7 path to location-1",MDO="ETS_300_356",CUSTGRPID="0000",SIDE="network",DPC="dpc-location-1",OPC="company-opc",M3UAKEY="",ORIGLABEL="",TERMLABEL=""

prov-add:LNKSET:NAME="linkset-madina",DESC="Link Set madina",APC="dpc-madina",PROTO="SS7-ITU",TYPE="IP"

prov-add:SS7ROUTE:NAME="ss7route- madina ",DESC="ss7 route to madina ",OPC="company-opc",DPC="dpc- madina ",LNKSET="linkset- madina ",PRI=1

prov-add:NASPATH:NAME="naspath2- madina ",DESC="Nas Path to AS5400 to madina ",EXTNODE="as5400",MDO="BELL_1268_C2",CUSTGRPID="0000",SIGSLOT=0,SIGPORT=0

prov-add:C7IPLNK:NAME="cs7iplinkto madina ",DESC="cs7 link to madina ",LNKSET="linkset- madina ",SLC=0,PRI=1,TIMESLOT=1,SESSIONSET="cs7set1"

prov-add:IPLNK:NAME="nas-iplink2",DESC="IP link 2 to AS5400",SVC="naspath2- madina ",IPADDR="IP_Addr1",PORT=3003,PEERADDR="55.55.55.49",PEERPORT=3003,PRI=1,IPROUTE=""

prov-add:sigsvcprop:NAME="naspath2-madina",BcInitState="OOS"

thanx.

Yes, if you are adding a new DPC and want to associate the new E1 with the new DPC.

Dear i appreciate your help so much i think now we arrived the final points so i f you can Bears me?

Just please any advice for commands starting configuration, any sequence to follow it to put commands and if i my service come down what i should to re-back the previous configuration?

do i need like this command:

numan-ed:

or this just for editing?

thank you.

Correct, you only need numan-ed if you are editing a dialplan entry. You would not need this command when just adding an additional e1.

if i add at PGW new command for existing E1 configuration and discovered this command not correct can simply remove that command and the service then back to work again?

if there are steps to do this work can you advice me?

thank a lot.

Once the config is deployed, you can simply remove the config applied in reverse order using

prov-dlt.

For example:

set-dest:ss7p-location1:OOS

set-dest:naspath2-madina:OOS

prov-dlt:nailedtrnk:name="1031",spanzise="31"

prov-dlt:iplnk:name="nas-iplink2"

prov-dlt:naspath:name="naspath2- madina"

prov-dlt:ss7route:name="ss7route-madina"

prov-dlt:lnkset:name="linkset-madina"

prov-dlt:ss7path:name="ss7p-location1"

prov-dlt:dpc:name="dpc-madina"

prov-dply

Or you can use config-lib to change back to previous config. However you must take an outage. Login as mgcusr,

The Configuration File Library Main Menu

1. List Configuration Versions in Library

2. Save Production to a new Library Version

3. Copy Library Version to Production

4. Remove Configuration Library Version

Enter Selection or 'q' to quit>

Select Option 3, choose the last known working config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: