Views
Helpful
Replies

Pots to Pots call forwarding..

xtam1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have many Pots and one VOIP calls legs but i want to forward calls coming through a specific Pots (dial peer) to be forwarded another Pots (PSTN) instead of the VOIP call leg without affecting the rest of the call flow (Pots legs --> VoIP leg)..

Regards..

4 Replies 4

xtam1
Level 1
Level 1

Let's say you have PBX connected to CISCO VG with 3 PRIs (POTS legs) and you have one IPLC (VOIP leg) and you forward all the calls to the voip leg, knowing that all the Dialed numbers (DNIS) are the same.

So here comes my question; can I forward all calls coming from certain POTS leg to another POTS link blindly without even looking to the called number..!!

Regards..

No - you need to be able to analyse the called number on the inwards leg to determine how to route the call. If the number matches a VOIP dial peer, then it will be sent to the IP cloud. If the number matches another POTS dial peer, then a new POT leg will be created and the two calls bridged together.

This is known as call hairpinning using POTS dial peers. On the later platforms (eg 2800/3800) , the DSP's will normally be dropped from the audio path and a pure TDM connection made if the call capabilities (codec and signaling) are the same for inwards and outwards calls.

Hi,

here is the question, let say we have a PRI connected from router to PABX, which create one port how I will forward call coming from one B channel to another B channel on same PRI.

One method is define extension on the PABX, it there anyway to define one the router instead of PBX.

thanks

asim

yshraybman
Level 4
Level 4

Can you give a detailed example what you are trying to accomplish? In general I think this can be done. Under a specific incoming pots dial-peer prepend a prefix (translation rule can used) and define another pots dp with destination pattern that starts with that prefix.