cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSVP and Policy-based QoS?

jhatfield
Level 1
Level 1

In my test lab I have two routers connected via a simulated P2P T1 circuit. I have a simple FXS connection in each router to do H.323 voice over the link. I'd like to configure RSVP for voice and use the MQC to enforce non-voice QoS. The QoS config guide states that fair queuing must be enabled on the interface for RSVP, yet CBWFQ wants this removed. When I remove fair-queue, the RSVP still appears to function. Can someone point me in the right direction here? Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

The recommended classification and marking method is the Modular QoS Command-Line Interface (Mod QoS CLI, or MQC) feature, a template-based configuration method that separates the classification from the policy, allowing multiple QoS features to be configured together for multiple classes. You use a class map to classify traffic based on various match criteria and a policy map to determine what should happen to each class. Then you apply the policy to incoming or outgoing traffic on an interface using the service-policy interface configuration command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_white_paper09186a00800d6b73.shtml#xtocid9