Replies

show dial-peer voice summary

aivisolsteins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

what is the meaning of "OUT STAT" column in

"show dial-peer voice summary"

command output and why does it show "down" for outgoing pots dial-peer?

Router#sh dial-peer voice summary

dial-peer hunt 0

AD PRE PASS OUT

TAG TYPE MIN OPER PREFIX DEST-PATTERN FER THRU SESS-TARGET STAT PORT

100 voip up up 0 syst

101 pots up up .T 0 down 2:D

102 pots up up 0 down 3:D

dial-peer voice 100 voip

description incoming

incoming called-number .T

session protocol sipv2

!

dial-peer voice 101 pots

destination-pattern .T

no digit-strip

port 2:D

forward-digits all

!

dial-peer voice 102 pots

incoming called-number .T

port 3:D

14 Replies 14

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, thats not the case.

Above document has an example output of that command with no mention of OUT STAT column and there is no mention what OUT STAT may mean.

The Operational Status (column labeled OPER) in my case shows "up"

vinay_verma80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Use the command sh isdn status and see what is the output . I suppose ur D channel is down so u require the configure the D channel correctly

( for further update past ur " sh isdn st and run con )

regards

yes, thanks. figured that out already. ISDN was down indeed

scpage
Level 1
Level 1

Just some history on the OUT STAT...was added to address CSCdz87204 and added to images starting around 12.3(9).

An enhancement was done

by not selecting POTS dial-peers with end-point(s) in "DOWN" state during the outbound dial-peer matching.

Also, a new command line is added to enable or disable this new outbound dial-peer filtering functionality.

[default | no] dial-peer outbound status-check pots

By default, the dial-peer outbound status will be checked during the outbound dial-peer matching which is applied to any POTS dial-peer except ephone dial-peer.

If no option is specified in this command line, it will disable the dial-peer outbound status checking.

The display of "show dial-peer voice summary" and "show dial-peer voice " commands are modified to show the current POTS dial-peer outbound status.

How to determine the outbound status of a POTS dial-peer:

1. DOWN if DP Oper Status is DOWN

2. DOWN if DP voice-port of is DOWN

3. DOWN if DP trunkgroup(s) and all of its trunks are DOWN

4. UP if DP Oper Status is UP and DP voice-port is UP

5. UP if DP Oper Status is UP and DP trunkgroup(s) and any of

if trunks are UP

CCO doc...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00801a7f23.html#wp1459139

Hi scpage,

Does this command "show dial-peer voice summary" display SIP trunks too? I am working with a Voip gateway without CUBE. Will it be applicable to me?

Also OUT STAT will cover the scenario when the SIP Trunk is busyout right? I mean when the SIP trunk is busyout, the OUT STAT will display "no" correct?

Thanks,

Pandi

Pandiarajan,

hope you doing well..

OUT STAT Indicates the current OUTBOUND status of pots dial-peers only.

and if I understood your enquiry right. the SIP trunk which you talking about is VOIP dial-peer which will displayed its status in OPER column. and its the same for POTS dial-peers.

Please rate if its helpful

Thanks a lot Saif,

This clarifies my doubt.

Pandiarajan,

please click on the correct answer so the question status will display answered question

Thanks

Hi Saif,

I was searching for that, but I couldn't find such option. May be, the person who raised this question only have that option to mark the "correct answer". I gave 5 star rating.

Also, one of our voip expert says that OPER column is for operational status and not for SIP trunk status. Could you please give some example when we should use OPER column?

pandiarajan,

I thought you started this discussion, sorry about that.

OPER column referring to validity of the dial peers regardless of its type ( voip or pots ). so we are now talking about dial-peers validity in general and just like what your expert has been clarified.

dial-peers MUST meet one of these 3 elements to be VALIDE. which is

1- Destination-pattern and a voice-port or session target.      ... just like ...

()# dial-peer voice 123 pots

destination-pattern 3333

port 2/3

2- Incoming called-number.    ... just like ...

()# dial-peer voice 123 voip

incoming-called number 33..

3- Answer-address.      ... just like...

()# dial-peer voice 123 pots

answer address 3333

and that’s if any dial-peer not meets the above criteria... then its not considered to a router to be UP in OPER column. and we can for sure display that with the command # sh dial-peer voice summary

Hoping I could clarified the idea..

Regards

Thanks a lot Saif. That's very kind of you. It really helps me. 

Also regarding the point, VALID, which means, how the gateway will validate?

in the 2nd example, 

dial-peer voice 123 voip

incoming-called number 33..

In this case, the gateway will validate the dial-peer based on the incoming-called number which must be a number not alpha numeric right? Could you please give me an example when the dial-peer configuration become invalid?

One more doubt on your first example "session-target 3333", I was always under the impression that only voip dial-peers got session-target as IPAddress or ServerName. But in this case we do have pots dial-peers too. In this case the "3333" is a destination address of some gateway or CUCM?

Thanks again,

Pandi

Pandi,

I made a mistake in the above example (the first) and already change it. sorry about that. I was in rush of being in touch with colleagues at work and posting here. anyway...

dial-peers have two types...

the first is VOIP-db which sends or receive voice calls to/from IP networks.

the second is POTS-db which sends or receive voice calls to/from analog networks.

with the first type we obliged to use the command ( session-target ipv4 ) because its the only command that allows me to use ipv4 protocol as a target destination for the travelling voice call.

while the second type allows me to send the voice calls to a destination targets that primarily dose not have tcp/ip protocol.

about validity...

routers needs to validate dial-peers already configured inside it to be able to choose which path is the best for the call to be sent. and thus. the dial-peer must meet one of the 3 elements which mentioned above to be valid. otherwise its considered by the router as invalid or DOWN as it will be shown in OPER column if we issue the command ()# sh dial-peer voice summary.

Greetings

Now I am very clear. Thanks a lot Saif. I really appriciate the help.

Thanks again,

Pandi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: