cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk from CUBE to ISTP - allow video or not?

Jeff Bankston
Level 1
Level 1

We're using Cisco M8945 video enabled phones where video works fine internally, to Jabber clients internally as well. My client has a SIP trunk to its ITSP using a 2911 gateway, this too works fine. I ran across an issue whereby audio conferencing using the 8945 to outside callers was causing alot of issues. In the region setting for the CUBE SIP trunk to UCM, I disabled the use of video and that fixed that. The SIP trunk from the CUBE to the ITSP is an Ethernet hand-off, so it is a vrf connection to the ITSP.

Prior to my disabling the video in regions setting, my client was playing around making calls to the ITSP, so video worked across the SIP trunk but failed out to other callers on the PSTN. This happened about the same time the 8945 phones were rolled out and the conferencing issue was discovered. With video disabled in regions so conferencing is restored, my client insists that video out the sip trunk to the pstn must be re-enabled, which will kill conferencing.

I've been all over the SRND for UC10, and also the Cisco CCO page that shows the tested configs for various ITSPs into Cisco CUBE and UCM. I'm not finding anything that talks to best practices of allowing and provisioning Cisco endpoint usage of video across the PSTN in general. One thing I did find in the SRND is a section on gateways that talks about using a dedicated video gateway to endpoints via Telepresence.

Anyone have anything on video across ITSP sip trunks?

Thanks, Jeff

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: