Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk on CUCM Subsequent Node

maksim.tocevski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm planning on installing a Cisco Unified Communications Manager as a subsequent node, and I'm wondering if the subsequent node needs it's own SIP trunk for outbound calls, or it uses the trunk from the primary node?

Thanks,

Maksim

5 Replies 5

Karthik Sivaram
Level 4
Level 4

no you don't have to.

Once you add the subsequent node (subscriber ) to your cluster . The DB will sync and you will be able to use the same old sip trunk  for the outbound calls.

-Karthik

Thank you for the response Karthik.

I have just another question. The subsequent node syncs with the publisher(primary node) and inherits the configuration. Then when we disconect the primary node, the sip trunk for outbound calls on the subsequent node does not funciton. Is this due to some sort of timeout that occurs, or is it some other issue?

-Maksim

hi Maksim,

Many times what I have seen is that customers use media resources (like mtp , xcoder registered to primary) of the primary node without any resources from the subsequent nodes.

When the primary node is down although  the call requires these resources and the call fails.

Beyond this there are other issues like dns configuration and   your call flow that influence this.

You will have to collect the sdi,sdl  and dblogs to see why the call fails from the server.

-Karthik

Yes, Media Termination Point Required is checked on the trunk

When I go to : Media resources and then to Media termination point there are 2 termination points. One on the publisher and one on the subscriber. The Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App service has been activated on both nodes.

Is there something else that we need to set in order tu use the trunk from the subscriber?

Thanks,

hi,

like I said  earlier you will need to check the logs to see why it fails , also rtmt counters for mtp to see if it gets invoked .

-Karthik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: