Views
Helpful
Replies

SLTM Spare bits

denizpecel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

As we are trying to make a new ss7 connection with a telco we faced with an interesting problem. For the connection to go inservice both side sends SLTM messages with test pattern, no problem, but PGW sends SLT messages on Service Information Octet the spare field with 11 while ITU q700 9.4.7 recommends this as 00. remote switch discards the message and signalling can't go INSERVICE. We have several connection without problem but in this one remote switch refuses to connect. I look in deep in PGW parameters but couldn't find any data about the spare bits.

Best Regards.

Deniz PECEL

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

anikas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

try this

mml>prov-ed:lnksetprop:name="SS7-ITU",mtp3MsgPriority="1"

This should correct your issue.

Note: The Cisco PGW 2200 sets the spare to 11, and some SS7 switches require a value of "00".

You can change the mtp3MsgPriority property value to "1" on the Cisco PGW 2200, as shown here:

prov-ed:sigsvcprop:name="ss7 path name",SS7-ITU.mtp3MsgPriority="1"

This is found in the following CCO URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vcallcon/ps2152/products_configuration_example09186a0080293787.shtml

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

The Session Manager software on the Cisco SLT manages the communication sessions with the VSC hosts. When Cisco SLTs are used with a redundant pair of VSC hosts, the Session Manager maintains separate communication sessions with each VSC host in the pair. The session between the Cisco SLT and the active VSC host transports the SS7 traffic, while the session between the Cisco SLT and the standby VSC host provides backup. Upon VSC host switchover or failover, the Session Manager on the Cisco SLT must be instructed by the newly active (formerly standby) VSC host to switch traffic to itself. Upon failover, all answered calls in progress are preserved.

anikas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

try this

mml>prov-ed:lnksetprop:name="SS7-ITU",mtp3MsgPriority="1"

This should correct your issue.

Note: The Cisco PGW 2200 sets the spare to 11, and some SS7 switches require a value of "00".

You can change the mtp3MsgPriority property value to "1" on the Cisco PGW 2200, as shown here:

prov-ed:sigsvcprop:name="ss7 path name",SS7-ITU.mtp3MsgPriority="1"

This is found in the following CCO URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vcallcon/ps2152/products_configuration_example09186a0080293787.shtml

I found that page after 1 week i posted the message, and yes it resolved my issue, thanks anyway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: