cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[SOLVED] PGW 2200 and Call Diversion Restriction Indicator (bit M)

Hi experts, we use PGW in Italy and it is configured with Q.767 ISUP recommendation. We have an issue with outgoing IAM.

The M bit is always set to 1.

The paragraph C.3.20 titled "Forward Call Indicators" says that the M bit is reserved for national use.

The Italian variant is the following:

bit M : Call diversion restriction indicator

0 = Call diversion not restricted

1 = Call diversion restricted, call to be offered.

With the bit setted to 1 (default for PGW)  the call forward service of called party is not honoured.

Is there a way to set this bit to 0?

Regards.

UPDATE: CISCO TAC provided me a fixed file with italian Q767 version.

6 Replies 6

Hi 

I´m facing the same problem just now :-( . Do you know if the was a public release of the patch?. Do you conserve that file? Thank you very much

Regards

Juan Manuel Munárriz

Hi, yes I've the fix but it's customized for italian Q767 version.

Do you use this SS7 variant?

Regards.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Yes we are using Q.767 Italian version. It would be great to try the fix :-). For what PGW2200 version was the fix?. 

Regards

The fix is for version 9.8(1).

To install the fix you must stop the service and replace the files, so restart the call service.

Do you use the same version?

Regards.

Yes same version 9.8.1. 
Would you be so kind as to share the file with me?

Regards

Consider that PGW is in EoS/EoL but according to official documentation you can cantact Cisco TAC:

Last Date of Support:
App. SW, HW

The last date to receive service and support for the product. After this date, all support services for the product are unavailable, and the product becomes obsolete.

July 31, 2017

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: