Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Translation Rule- Number Type Change National- Internation

gnanavel.ns
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have a customer setup in which outbound calls (to International destinations) are sent to the PSTN through a Cisco Gateway (Cisco 2821) connected to a Service provider PRI. The calls are placed by an Avaya PBX. Because of software limitations, the Avaya PBX can only set the number type (TON) as 'National'. The service provider does not provide the correct caller id for the remote side if the number type is 'National'. It needs to be set as 'International'.

I am using the gateway to set the number type as 'International' by translating the Calling number TON from 'National' to 'International' by using voice translation rules. The problem is customer has a wide range of numbers and they want all numbers to be translated without configuring the translation manually every time as it is not scalable.

Is it possible to translate all the numbers from National to International by using a wildcard? No other digit manipulation is required. Has anyone come across such a scenario?

Thanks for your time.

Gnanavel.               

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Please find below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml

"// //" are /match-pattern/ /replace-pattern/ in rule 2 they are empty as we don't want to change called number.

we only want to modify type and plan.

"XX" that denotes digits I have mentioned that as I was not aware which country you are in,

for e.g. for US that rule will be rule 1 /.*/ /+1\0/

what that will do is it will append "+1" to number to make that number full E164 number.

say you have configured only 7 digit internal number(2221111) and your service provider expecting full E164 number then rule will be rule 1 /.*/ /+1555\0/

Go through the link you will find many examples and working of rules and translation profile.

Hope this helps.

Please rate helpful.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, it is possible. Refer to voice translation rule documentation.

Deval Tetar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you need to configure two translation rule, one for outgoing calling number and one for outgoing called number see below for example.

voice translation-rule 1 <--- outgoing calling number make number full E164, if carrieris doing that no need for this

rule 1 /.*/ /+XX\0/

voice translation-rule 2 <--- outgoing called number keep the number as it is just change type to international

rule 1 // // type any international plan any isdn

then you have to configure on translation profile for called and calling number see below for example.

voice translation-profile INT

translate calling 1

translate called 2

Apply that translation profile to dail-peer for international call see below for example.

dial-peer voice 9011 pots

translation-profile outgoing INT

Hope this helps.

Please rate correct answer.

Hi Deval/ Paolo,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will try this out.

Any idea where to get the complete Voice translation rule syntax? The voice translation document we get after we do a search in Cisco website doesn't have complete syntax, for e.g pattern '//' and 'X' which you have used in rule 2 are not there in the document.

Regards

Gnanavel.

Hi,

Please find below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml

"// //" are /match-pattern/ /replace-pattern/ in rule 2 they are empty as we don't want to change called number.

we only want to modify type and plan.

"XX" that denotes digits I have mentioned that as I was not aware which country you are in,

for e.g. for US that rule will be rule 1 /.*/ /+1\0/

what that will do is it will append "+1" to number to make that number full E164 number.

say you have configured only 7 digit internal number(2221111) and your service provider expecting full E164 number then rule will be rule 1 /.*/ /+1555\0/

Go through the link you will find many examples and working of rules and translation profile.

Hope this helps.

Please rate helpful.

Hi Deval,

Thanks for your time and guidance.I have rated this as helpful.

Regards

Gnanavel.

Hi Gnanavel,

Thanx,

I hope link I have provided answer all queries and provide understanding of translation rule and profiles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: