cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VoIP Module

15daniel15
Level 1
Level 1

The Cisco High-Density Analog and Digital Extension Module for Voice and Fax (EVM-HD) contains FXS and FXO ports ?

Or I need to buy additional modules with these ports ?

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The EVM-HD itself does not include any FXS/FXO ports. EVM-HD-8FXSDID includes the EVM-HD and an 8-port FXS/DID extension module. You can also purchase other extension modules with different port configurations. See Table 1 in the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5855/products_data_sheet0900aecd8016c1c6.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Many thanks. But this module can works alone, or I need to buy another DSP module? Router will be connected with PABX central (FXO/FXS)to internal or external ports PABX. Can I use Cisco 2851?

It depends on the DSPs you currently have and how they are being used. If all current DSPs are in use, you will need another DSP module. Yes, you can use this module with the 2851. Refer to the link that I previously posted.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hello,

be aware tha connecting to PBX via FXS / FXO is not the best way to do integration as you will encounter severe limitations. Please investigate if you can have ISDN BRI, PRI or at very least, analog E&M on the PBX.

Hello,

be aware that connecting to PBX via FXS / FXO is not the best way to do integration as you will encounter severe limitations. Please investigate if you can have ISDN BRI, PRI or at very least, analog E&M on the PBX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: