Views
Helpful
Replies

What sort of fxs card to buy for the cisco router 2801

morenike1_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have just bought a cisco router 2801 which l want to setup for my VIOP lab. Can pls advice me on what sort of fxs card l should buy for the cisco router 2801 to connect the ip phones or the analog phones.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It depends what you want to do:

IP Phones - need nothing

FXS - needed only if you want to connect analogue handsets or faxes

FXO - needed if you want to connect the system to a POTS line

There are further interfaces (BRI, PRI etc) if you have different PSTN connectivity.

What connectivity do you plan to have in your lab?

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It depends what you want to do:

IP Phones - need nothing

FXS - needed only if you want to connect analogue handsets or faxes

FXO - needed if you want to connect the system to a POTS line

There are further interfaces (BRI, PRI etc) if you have different PSTN connectivity.

What connectivity do you plan to have in your lab?

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

l will like to connect two analog telephones and l will like to connect six cisco ip phones 7960 & 7940 which l have bought already into the cisco router 2801. So pls advice me on the type of card to buy to install into the Cisco 2801 pls because l want to connect the cisco ip phones and the analog phones to be ringing to practise in my lab.

Here is a list of voice interfaces that are supported on 2800s.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html#voicemod

Check for FXS cards in the list.

HTH

--

Udit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: