cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7900 Series Sidecars -- They don't work?

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

We've had problems with 7900 series sidecars (and phones with sidecars on them) for some time. Recently this has been worse, and has given me the opportunity to research this across our customer base.

What I found:

7975 + (2)7916-24: We have 4 of these, spread across 3 clients. EVERY SINGLE ONE REBOOTS ON A REGULAR BASIS. Sometimes during calls, sometimes just randomly. Two of the three clients are experiencing it more often, but all of the phones reboot randomly. Firmware upgrades/downgrades do nothing.

7960 + (1)7914: There seems to be a bug where the labels on the sidecar are blank. We are experiencing this on 4 of them, spread across two clients.

We are not alone in this either: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2148145

If you rearrange buttons... different ones go blank. We currently have a case open with TAC -- they have no clue. They requested we run "debug ephone detail mac xxx"... this crashed the customers phone system during business hours. In fact -- I have seen that debug crash the UC500 almost every time I have ever used it. (5+) I love it when even the debugs are buggy.

We tend to install more SPA phones (mostly due to cost), so there are relatively few of these in our install base. At this point it appears that every 7900 series sidecar we are aware of (or the phone they are attached to) are NOT stable. Has anyone had similar experiences? Or the opposite?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution