cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 192 admin over browser

bootIT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have never used Cisco equipment and sourced a second hand ATA 192 unit for VOIP. I attached it to the domestic router using the network port. ATA was hardware reset with a paper clip. I rang the unit on the analogue phone **** 1110# and it reported the correct DHCP IP I allocated on the LAN. I tried connecting to the admin interface http://192.168.1.203 . No browser connects. I tried PC browser chrome, and iPad safari and chrome. I have looked through the Cisco books and guess it should work. I did read some sort of firmware setting may have been set stopping web browser. Also there may exist some sort of software or server may need to be installed to change that. At this point I have no idea. If anyone might help I would appreciate. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

cryy
Level 1
Level 1

I do not have experience with the 192 personally and I know the 191 does not have this issue.  However you may need to enable WAN access from the phone in order to access the admin interface from outside of the LAN of the device.  This is how some Linksys/SPA devices are.  There is likely a star code to perform this operation, otherwise connect to the lan port of the device, then try and access the web interface.  Hope this helps.

cryy
Level 1
Level 1

Yea that looks to be your issue.  I however was not able to find anything about enabling or disabling WAN access at this time.  Please reference the below:

cryy_0-1674260782337.png

Ok final reply, try http://192.168.1.203:80

In the address bar, explicitly setting port 80 from outside of the LAN.  Otherwise if this doesn't work just connect to the LAN temporarily to configure it.

Thanks for the ideas. The resolution is that the 2nd Ethernet port for the LAN has DHCP on it for 192.168.1.100-255 that has the gateway set to 192.168.15.1. You log onto that gateway with a browser. Once in the admin control panel, you put in a new password and then enable the admin over the Network WAN port. You get fooled because the manual talks about this ambiguously. I thought it meant to set the PC IP network to 192.168.15.x and also tried 192.168.1.x to reach the gateway on the WAN. The WAN did receive a DHCP to set its gateway IP but it was not needed. What the manual did not say was it runs its own DHCP 192.168.15.100-255 on the other port and this is where you log on to the gateway 192.168.15.1 The reason I got fooled is the ATA191 doesn't have a second port and does not run like this yet is otherwise identical.
Thanks all