Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6K - Virtual Machines Not Responding

Hi,

I have a BE6K Solution with four virtual machines installed (two Unified Communications Manager, one Unity Connection and one IM & Presence),

today is the second time that the physical machine response properly but the four virtual machines are up but not working.

If I Power Off the virtual machine from the vSphere Client the virtual machine try to power down but are block at 95% of the power down step; I restart the physical machine from the Cisco Integrated Management Controller and Power On the virtual machines and the infrastructure becomes active and all machines working correctly.

In the vmware events I view an error: UCS-XXX: NVRAM write failed

The VMware ESXi version is the 5.0.0 build 623860 and the Communications Manager/Unity Connection Version is the 9.1.1.20000-5

Can you help me about this issue?

Regards

Francesco

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you not oversubscribing the server???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

yes, the server is covered by Smartnet and by UCSS. Now I have open a support case with TAC Cisco too, but I was expected that someone in this forum had the same problem and give me new informations about this issue.

Regards

Francesco

If you're oversubscribing, that's the problem, and we do not support doing so.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

darin.pesnell
Level 1
Level 1

Francesco,

DId you ever find the fix to this issue?  I just saw the same thing on a server that is not oversubscribed.

Hi Darin,

I have opened a new service request to Cisco TAC at December 31 2013, because the problem has come several times during the last days of the year 2013; I have sent the logs of the CIMC to the TAC and this is the response/solution to our problem:

"

I have just created RMA XXXXXXXX to replace you raid controller. Some LSI 9266 cards have an issue with marginal level on an internal voltage rail which causes specific PMU fault codes. This issue is expected to be rare but I believe we are hitting it in this case, and its purely a hardware issue with the LSI 9266, and they are addressed within the following bugs :

CSCuf09061

CSCuh86924

CSCuh94185

"

I have received the new RAID controller today, I' ll change it from 2 days to my customer and after I'll update the forum about this problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: