cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call forwarding and routing not working on an fxo line. Impedance?

billjmetaxas
Level 1
Level 1

hey guys, your thoughts regarding our problem would be appreciated!

Our office has a uc320w installed as part of a small network; three desks with spa508, spa504, and spa525g2 respectively.

We roll over our phones to an external call center after hours and based on certain rules.

The symptoms only exist on one of our two analog lines with at&t, and are as follows:

1) On one of our fxs analog lines, (the main line) call forwarding and call routing simply don't work.

a) Regardless of day or night mode, calls simply keep ringing.

b) Callers hear a ring tone but never reach their final destination

c) On the handset, the associated shared line flashes first red and then orange, as if ringing and then forwarded, but is never forwarded nor routed.

d) It strikes me that line one is never able to "grab" line one and forward or route.

2) Forwarding and routing on our second analog line works great, it can grab line one and forward and route externally as directed. Conversely, Line 1 never grabs line 2 to forward.

3) Everything else has categorically worked great right out of the box.

What we've tried:

1) Firmware downgrades and upgrades from 2.1 to 2.4.1.

2) we've also finangled with hunt groups and direct user forwards, still no go. Problem is always isolated to fxo line 1, regardless of port use.

Solution Thesis:

1) Don't think its a hardware issue because the symptoms replicate when we use alternate ports on the back of the device. Symptoms also replicate when lines are switched between the same ports.

2) It may be a line issue with at&t. Totally unsure how to proceed in that regard, other than forward the old school way (*72, etc..).

Hypothesis:

I think it is an issue with the impedance levels on line 1, so I'll have the router run the test and match the levels to see if that corrects the issue.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bill,

Are both Shared FXO Lines configured as being allowed to make outbound calls?  Check the checkbox 'Include in Outbound dialing' on the Shared FXO Lines page of the Configuration Utility.

Chris

View solution in original post

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the feedback.  Good to hear you are up and running.  You could do this today by using an external device connected to Pandora, XM, Siirus, etc and use the Line IN port on the back back of the UC320W. 

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Bill,

Are both Shared FXO Lines configured as being allowed to make outbound calls?  Check the checkbox 'Include in Outbound dialing' on the Shared FXO Lines page of the Configuration Utility.

Chris

Chris,

You nailed it. Problem solved.

I didn't realize that the particular setting was universal, I thought it was user specific.

We're up and running.

My requisite (:-)) improvement request would be the ability to play/stream Internet radio to callers on hold. That would be very cool.

Thanks!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the feedback.  Good to hear you are up and running.  You could do this today by using an external device connected to Pandora, XM, Siirus, etc and use the Line IN port on the back back of the UC320W. 

Chris

but it would be SOOOO much sexier if the router had a basic few plug ins, so I could just dump a link into the browser:

for classical, such as KDFC in San Francisco. http://www.kdfc.com/pages/11695633.php

Someday....

Thanks again!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: