Views
Helpful
Replies

Call waiting hold music

Pete Matheson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Hopefully a simple question with a simple answer!

We have installed a UC540 for our own use.

Is it possible to get callers directed to on-hold music if all the lines are busy / no answer.

For example - I have a hunt group of 2 phones for reception. If both users are on the phone, I'd like the caller to hear hold-music, perhaps with a recorded message etc...

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Pete,

Yes, it is possible.  Actually, what you need to do is to configure a BACD group, then add those 2 phones to that group, and direct incoming calls to the new BACD group.  Very easy to do, and can be done in CCA.

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Pete,

To add to Darren's post which he always posts very helpful stuff

There is one minor pitfall, in doing things this way you may loose your CFB/CF-NOAN to Voice Mail, because you will be directing it to the B-ACD, there are two options to consider.

1. Only change the CFB option to go to the B-ACD and make sure that you CF-NOAN timer is less than the B-ACD ring-out timer (Yes this is the part that can confuse some people)... Or
  2. Have all incoming calls go straight to B-ACD which is called drop-through method/mode, this way you can leave your timers on the individual extension in tact, but just fiddle with the global timers and make sure everything is in sync to the way you want it to operate.

Hope I didnt make matters worse for you I just figured it is best for someone to know the pitfalls before they hit it and get frustrated about it

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Pete,

Yes, it is possible.  Actually, what you need to do is to configure a BACD group, then add those 2 phones to that group, and direct incoming calls to the new BACD group.  Very easy to do, and can be done in CCA.

Thank you,

Darren

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Pete,

To add to Darren's post which he always posts very helpful stuff

There is one minor pitfall, in doing things this way you may loose your CFB/CF-NOAN to Voice Mail, because you will be directing it to the B-ACD, there are two options to consider.

1. Only change the CFB option to go to the B-ACD and make sure that you CF-NOAN timer is less than the B-ACD ring-out timer (Yes this is the part that can confuse some people)... Or
  2. Have all incoming calls go straight to B-ACD which is called drop-through method/mode, this way you can leave your timers on the individual extension in tact, but just fiddle with the global timers and make sure everything is in sync to the way you want it to operate.

Hope I didnt make matters worse for you I just figured it is best for someone to know the pitfalls before they hit it and get frustrated about it

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Pete Matheson
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys - very good info here