cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Polycom SoundStructure integrate with UC540?

tracy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that has a very large conference room (20' x 40') that can hold up to 50 people for audio conferences. They want a room-integrated audio conference system, and as far as I can tell from research, Cisco does not offer an audio conference solution on that scale. The Polycom Soundstructure C-Series is made for such a room. I can get a VOIP card for the soundstructure that supports the codecs: G.711 (A-law and μ-law), G.729AB, G.722, G.722.1, G.722.1C. I am wondering if anyone has attempted this integration (google isn't offering much help) and I am concerned that integrating a third-party SIP phone may void the warranty on the UC540. Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tracy,

There would be a way to get it to work, but it wouldn't be supported and you would have to take your system out of Support Scope...

Have you spoken to a local Cisco partner or a Cisco AM about Cisco-Tanburg? Although Tanburg is primarily a Video Conferencing system, it may also deliver the audio component to you with the integration into the system you might want.

Or have you looked at a way of using the inbuilt audio conferencing system that comes with the system and pairing that of with a Cisco 7931 with extender microphones/speakers?

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

No, I have not looked at the Cisco 7931 because there may or may not be a  table, and they want a room-integrated system (room is big, can hold up  to 50 people).

I have been a Cisco Select partner for SMB-Voice for almost 5 years, and if every change I made to a UC500 in CLI deemed it out of the support scope, then not one of the UC500 systems I installed are "supported". Don't get me wrong - I use CCA with all of them without a hitch, but I know I walk a fine line. The problem with this proposal I am working on is that the client wants the price of the UC540, with the features of the enterprise cisco UC. They want Jabber, not just in the office, but outside it as well, which may or may not work depending on who I talk to at Cisco. They want and need a true room-integrated audio conferencing system that requires a third-party system, which is not an issue with a big UC, but is an issue with the little UC540. I have reached out to my Cisco contacts, but its an ever-changing group, and they are not technical people. I can't tell you who my Cisco AM is. I think they did away with assigning those to Select partners. Thats why I am posting to the forum trying to find some answers..

Sorry, I feel I sound a big cynical. I feel I am going to lose this whole proposal. I just can't make the Cisco pieces fit. I am very much open to any ideas and suggestions.

tracy