cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can same 7975 phone be used with 2 UC500's with different software

lbroering
Level 1
Level 1

I have a production UC540 with software pack 8.2 and a UC520 that I just upgraded to software pack 8.6 and this UC520 is only used for demo purposes. I use my desk 7975 phone with the UC540 as my work phone, but when I give a demo, I bring my 7975 phone and set it up on the UC520 to demo a 7975 phone. What will happen when I plug the 7975 phone in to the UC520 and it does a firmware upgrade to the phone loads that come with 8.6. Will I still be able to use it with my UC540 system that has 8.2? I was able to do this when they both had 8.2, but am concerned about one having 8.6 and the other having 8.2. Maybe the question is "After my phone's firmware gets upgraded, will it still work with 8.2?"

Thanks in advance.        

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The answer is yes. But when you have a chance, update everything.

View solution in original post

I Fully agree with Paolo on this...

Whilst it will work as the phone may choose not to downgrade and remain on the newer firmware (Maybe not likely) you should were possible bring the other system up to speck anyway

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The answer is yes. But when you have a chance, update everything.

I Fully agree with Paolo on this...

Whilst it will work as the phone may choose not to downgrade and remain on the newer firmware (Maybe not likely) you should were possible bring the other system up to speck anyway

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks for the quick answer and endorsement. I will proceed with it get back.

I can verify that it did work for me. Thanks everyone.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!