cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot connect to SPA112 for configuration changes

MushiMage
Level 1
Level 1

I have several SPA112 units which I have reset and have attempted of access for configuration with no response from the units.  The units are receiving a DHCP address as confirm by the router as well as the keypad access which tells the IP address received.  The units are also NOT pingable (however, I don't know whether they should be).

Are there any options available to possibly getting the units working? I am concerned that I am a victim of a design issue inherent to the SPA112 units given that the same issue is present on five units with some having had almost no use.

4 Replies 4

The SPA112 Quick Start Guide says the device has an option that you can enable or disable to "Allow or prevent WAN access to the administration web server". The manual says the menu option is 7932.  Using IVR accessed from the phone attached to the SPA112 you should make sure this option is enabled. If it is disabled you would not be able to access the SPA for configuration as you are attempting.

You can download the Quick Start Guide here 

The option you cited is not available for the SPA112.

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Assuming you have retail units, not RC (customized for particular ISP) one (whats PID-VID printed on device ?) ...

Assuming the units have valid firmware inside (e.g they are not in SOS firmware recovery mode - see LED patterns) ...

Reset them to factory default.

If it doesn't help, unit is broken - return it to seller, ask for replacement.

Issue resolved. The units for whatever reason would not work properly with
the switch. IP address were received, but configuration would not work.
Used a connection to another router and instantly worked. Really odd.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: