cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Create Custom Dial Plan

Jon Snipes
Level 1
Level 1

Going off the Configuration guide from this site, my screens differ on the Site build and I do not have the option to create a Custom Dial Plan.

I am then forced to use 11 digit Extensions.  How are lower digit extensions built that do not have e194 numbers?

2 Replies 2

Jon Snipes
Level 1
Level 1

Per our conversation this is a limitation of programing and the work around is to builld out the full dialplan and options for each site.  This causes quite a bit of double work to implement. I have played around and can work around the issue by selecting the NA dialplan and not selecting a DN block, then assigning it through AD during the sync.  I think the ability to have a less than full number avaible block is needed.  The full number block may be best practice, I see it as more hassle for small site deployments who generally do not have e194 number blocks for phones.  We do a good bit of business in the ~1000 phone market and I have not seen a site in the past year that it makes time or feature since to deploy as 11 Digit extensions and then translate back to 4 or 5 digit.

Jon,

That is a good input and I agree with you. I will take the feedback about shorter DNs to the team.