cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA 3(0).1 uc500 conference issues

ericdolton
Level 1
Level 1

I get a "Cannot Complete Conference" when attempting to make a conference call.  Fast busy on the meet me numbers also.  Anyone seen this before?  Could it be a bug or am i missing something? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

In CCA under the conferencing link I would disable then enable multiparty conferencing.  That should clear up your issue even if it was botched up via CLI.  Let me know what happens.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

In CCA under the conferencing link I would disable then enable multiparty conferencing.  That should clear up your issue even if it was botched up via CLI.  Let me know what happens.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Eric,

Can you please do the following for me

on the command line execute the following command: ROUTER# sh dsp farm all

Provide the output on here.

Have you done a hard reboot of the phone system? Give that a try, in some cases the DSP resources have been locked out for unknown reasons, a complete power down (Count to ten) and then a power up seems to free up the resources and they get re-allocated again.

You may also want to look at reducing the size of the conference capabilities as well, just incase there is an issue with the resources.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Ryan-Kramer
Level 1
Level 1

I had similar issues when I first started with Cisco UC500 systems. The issue had nothing to do with the actual configration, it was my lack of experiance. Here are my notes for creating a conference. (MeetMe, Ad-Hoc)

MeetMe

MeetMe conference is initiated by an internal user. Typically used when you are planning a conference, you can proactively setup a conference room.

You will receive a fast busy if you simply dial the MeetMe extension, for example lets assume we have assigned extension 700 to our MeetMe conference room.

If I pick up my phone and dial 700, the phone recives a fast busy, followed by the status message "Cannot Complete Conference"

When you want to create a MeetMe conference, use the softkey MeetMe.

Try the Following:

Conference Initiator: Press New Call | MeetMe | Dial the MeetMe extension (700)

Conference Attendees:  New Call | Dial the MeetMe extension (700)

Once the conference room has been created, you DO NOT need to use the MeetMe softkey.

Ad-Hoc Conference

The ad-hoc conference is created during an active call for example you are on an active call and decide to conference in a third caller.

You do not dial an extension, the ad-hoc conference is completed with Confrn soft key.

For example:

Internal user 1 is on the phone with an external user, internal user 1 then decides to conference in a 2nd internal or external user.

1.      During an active call press the Confrn soft key (This puts external caller on hold)

2.      Dial the user you wish to conference in (Internal or External number) wait to the personal answers the call

3.      Press the Confm soft key once again to complete the 3-way conference.

Nathan Compton
Level 4
Level 4

This is usually because the dspfarm profile for Conference isn't registered.  If you run "Show dspfarm profile" command, you will see if the profile is in the "UP" state and is "ASSOCIATED".  If you see something different, then there is some underlying issue causing the resource not to register. 

Regards,

Adam Compton

ericdolton
Level 1
Level 1

I ended up disabling then enablling multiparty conferencing.  The first time i tried this it did not work, the second time worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: