cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phone SPA 508G voicemail issue

lharris011
Level 1
Level 1

My office has a SPA 508G which has the internal voice mail. I press the mail button and it goes to voice mail, I enter the pin and it says we have no new messages, no old messages and that the message notification is disabled. How do we enable it? We are loosing clients by the day. It was working fine until recently when we had phone line issues. The phone company assured us there was no problem on their end and says it has to be with the phone. ANY HELP at all here is GREATLY appreciated.

thanks

2 Replies 2

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I'm sorry you are having issues with your system.

I'm very curious to know if this phone was bought from a retailer or if it was provided to you from your Internet Service Provider or Voice Over IP provider.

I ask because the phone does not have a a built in voice mail system. When you push the button to check the messages what the phone does is to contact the voice mail server (pre-configured from the PBX or any other device you are registering to make or receive calls), and then pulls any information is stored on the actual server.

If this unit came pre-configured then you should contact the company that gave the unit to you so that they can check why their voice mail server is not working correctly.

If you bought the unit from a retailer and somebody else helped you configuring it then they will need to check the voice mail settings to make sure they are correctly configured on the phone.

Just please keep in mind the SPA phones DO NOT HAVE A BUILT IN VOICE MAIL SYSTEM, they just connect you to the server that stores the messages and reproduce them for you.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Mistyk
Level 1
Level 1

I have this exact same problem too, the PBX is working fine, I can see the voicemail messages there, can even listen to them, but when I dial the voicemail, it says there are no new voicemail messages, even thou they show up.