Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SA520 Speed

d4rk.s70rm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have a Cisco SA520 Appliance. Till now there wasn´t a problem (my internet connection was 30mb). But now the connection has been upgraded to 200mb but the speed tests show only 70mbs. If i'm connected to the ISP router, the speed is 200mb. Behind the SA520 is only 70. I know that the throughput is 200mb and i'm not expecting  to have all the speed behind de SA520. But from 70 to 200 is a big difference. i was expecting at least 150mb.

Anyone have the same problem?

Best regards

4 Replies 4

jrusnak2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From an initial search, it seems that the cisco SA520 should have a base throughput of 200mbps, but the VPN performance of the SA520 is supposed to top out at 65mbps however, so if you are running at 70, this may not be the issue.

(Though it is worth noting that a VPN on the SA540 - not the 520, but the 540 with High Performance would max out at 85mpbs throughput, and so 70mbps actual might make sense)

------------------------

In previous cases, it has been found that disabling IPS will increase performance considerably, as well as enabling auto port management in network settings and auto enabling ports on your ISP modem.

Your issue could also be related to your MTU sizes. While this value may vary based on ISP, the previous questioner found that a size of 1500 worked for them.

------------------------

Regarding the documentation here: 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/small-business-sa500-series-security-appliances/at_a_glance_c45-562587.pdf

and the support forums question here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11489626/sa520-throughput-performance

Hello.

The 70 mb is with VPN turn off.  IPS and all the licensed features are turn off. I've already set MTU to 1500 and port management to auto. The connections between my pc and the SA520 and between SA520 and the ISP router are all gigabit. The firewall rule is allow all to the outside without logs.

The SA520 doesn't increases speed.

Hi.

I've discovered the problem. When i disabled traffic meter (Administration->traffic meter-> dedicated wan) the speed increase to 199mb.

Waw, you give me a nice day.

I had exactly the same problem, a fiber 200Mb line, and just 70M on the lan, even I am in a Gigabit network.

Just disabling the traffic meter solved it !

You are the man.