Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SPA 112 ATAs losing connection

SamBrooker10542
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have 3 x Cisco SPA 112 ATAs all registered back to a Unify Openscape Business PBX.

The SPA 112s are not on the local site to the PBX they are on a remote site which has a VPN connection to the main site where the PBX is located.

Now the issue I face is that the VPN sometimes has a tendency to drop so the SPA 112s registration fails as it cannot see the PBX.

Once the VPN reconnects the SPA 112s don't re-register until the are rebooted, is there anyway of stopping this so they automatically re-register?

4 Replies 4

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The behavior depends on configuration, see options in SIP Timer Values section. But you should solve the major issue first - VPN should not fail.

Oh no Dan I completely agree but that is unfortunately out of my hands as I don't look after that side.

In an ideal world that would never drop but this site is quite remote in its location so suffer with this regularly.

I will check the SIP timer values though it may help with my end of the bargain, thanks. 

SamBrooker10542
Level 1
Level 1

I have since found out that the issue is not based on the connection dropping as I checked the units and they have been up for 20 days and are registered but the units have no dial tone and when called the units answer but there's no audible ringing tone.

They are running the latest version of FW 1.4.1 SR5.

"Dial tone" mean "rady to accept dialing". If there's no dial tone, then ATA is not ready to bridge call. Mostly because it's just not registered. I assume the analog phone is properly connected - no dial tone may mean that the phone is not connected at all. For more, the syslog&debug needs to be analyzed.

According "audible ringing tone" - do yo mean the ring-back tone (caller should hear it) or ringing of the called phone ?

Also - you said "unit answers". Does it mean the ATA or called phone is answering calls despite you didn't    headset off the hook ?

You should capture logs ...

Debug and syslog Messages from SPA1x2 and SPA232D ATA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: