Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco UC560 backup config failed

mudasery1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

We have a Cisco UC560 has configured while ago by an engineer, and have left nothing about the settings.

The box have never had a backup before, which I now want a current working config backup therefore I can more confidently make change to the user/admin phone extension. and other stuff.

Hardware - Device type: uc560-t1e1-k9

software: 15.1(2)T2

The UC560 device haven't restart for 50 weeks.

What I have done so far,

1. Install CCA 3.2(3)
  2. Go to configuration Archive -> Backup as per default setting in UC560
  3. Backup failed
  4. Review the log in c:\program files (x86)\cisco systems\ciscoSMB\cisco Configuration Assistant\ CCA-Application_log_2017_XX_XX_XX_XX
  5. Error were mention in TFTP server 192.168.90.2,   This vlan90 exist in UC560, but I have no idea why TFTP is 192.168.90.2

Please see attached log, I can see the log I was able to temporary connect "backup server" on my local pc, however was failed to connect "backup restore" 192.168.90.2 (no idea where this is)

How can I change the TFTP backup restore server, or anyone have alternative solutions?

Thanks in advance

Mud

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would suggest you to connect your PC directly with UC box and assign static IP of same subnet of UC.

Then, test ping/traceroute from CME,CCA to PC and vice-versa.

After that, start with backup restore.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is 192.168.90.2 your machine by chance?

no, I read about the vlan90 is a factory default. the previous guy setup the network 192.168.90.0.

Our network is 10.1.1.0/24,

UC560 device assign 10.1.1.5

My machine 10.1.1.100

GW: 10.1.1.1

sudhagup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mud,

For troubleshooting, please check for below points before restoring backup:

- Make sure services for firewall, windows defender, antivirus and other external TFTP and FTP servers are closed too.
- check that the backup server is reachable or not.
- check that the IP of computer is getting pinged from the CUE, CME and vice-versa.
- share traceroute from computer to CUE, CME and vice-versa.

post the results.

Also, please share how your laptop (used to restore backup) is connected to UC560 i.e. over a network or direct connectivity.
And, your laptop should have only access to one internet network i.e. either LAN or WIFI, not both at same time.

Regards,

Sudhanshu

Hi Sud,

The machine I am working on is a newly built Windows 10, firewall turn off, defender turn off, no anti-virus program, no tftp or ftp services.

When you say backup server I presume is my Windows 10 which is "10.1.1.100" (CCA is installaed on this pc)

see attached I test ping and trace from CUE device to the laptop 10.1.1.100 with success. and from laptop to 10.1.1.5 CUE device is success.

This laptop is connect  to CUE UC560 device over the network, and both is on the same network.

Please see attached log for this morning, some detail are concern

Example:

[error] ftpserver----apache ftp server started-------

The tracert was done from CCA.

Could you please share the ping and tracert from CLI of CUE.

Also, to analyse the logs provided, could you please share the timestamp at which you tried to restore backup.

Hi Sud,

Please see attached log, included Ping, tracer and the  backup failure status.

Somehow the tracert failed to hop to my pc, we have multiple network but all based on 10.1.xxx.xxx

do you think that the cue does not have the route from 10.1.1.xxx to 10.1.4.xxx?

I would suggest you to connect your PC directly with UC box and assign static IP of same subnet of UC.

Then, test ping/traceroute from CME,CCA to PC and vice-versa.

After that, start with backup restore.

Hi Sud,

I will try that,

Regards,

Hi Sud,

Thank for the help, I have managed to backup the config via cli

1. Setup a light weight tftp server program on a pc

2. run copy running-config tftp: 

3. then point it to the tftp server ip address. 

4. leave most thing as default unless you know what you are doing.