Views
Helpful
Replies

Data VLAN / Voice VLAN Issue on UC320

dscherrle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've got a strange behavior on the UC320 system where the phones get an IP address from the VOICE side DHCP server OK, but the phones reside in the data VLAN id.

This behavior occurs when the phones are directly connected to the UC320, or my uplinked switch.

Any ideas on why this behavior would occur?  THe vlan ID for data is 1, vlan ID for voice is 100. 

I'd like to remedy this as to keep port broadcasts from data vlan seperate from voice vlan as the ports are converged (pc + phone).

The phones will not let me change the vlan ID from within, and when I do a factory reset and manually put it to 100, the system defaults it back to VLAN ID 1 , with a IP address from the voice vlan upon registration..

Thanks!!!

1 Reply 1

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

The IP phones reside in the voice VLAN 100. VLAN ID 1 you saw at the phone screen is not the status display, it's configure menu. You may want to access to IP phone at http://. You will see that phone's operational VLAN ID is 100.

Best regards,

Wenjin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: