cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do-Not-Disturb functionality with uc500.

Jeff Cooper
Level 1
Level 1

I think I already know the answers to these (No) but I wanted to confirm with the community.  The phone system is a uc560 with spa phones.

1) Receptionist has a sidecar with all the phone extensions laid across the buttons in monitor mode.  When a phone extension goes into DND, is there a way to get the associated line on the sidecar to reflect that so reception knows the phone is not to be disturbed - ie light up or blink the line button.

2) Phones at each extension have a line mapped as an intercom.  Is there a way for the DND feature on a users extension to also block the availability of the intercom line/function for their phone?

So basically, receptionist wants to see when a user has their DND on, and users don't want to be intercom'd when they have their DND on.

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

danielwiebe
Level 1
Level 1

Just a thought...

Why not have users who do not want to be disturbed call forward all to their mailboxes. ie 6202 for extension 202?

I'm not sure if that would light up the monitor button (I really need a lab system ) but at least then when they don't want to be disturbed they won't be. If the receptionist forwards a call to them and their is no light on the sidecar they will know by getting the voicemail that the set has been forwarded.

HTH

View solution in original post

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

I may be mistaken, but I am 99% certain that you if set the button for "watch" instead of "monitor" that DnD status is indicated as a red light.

If you use "watch" buttons and a "dialable intercom" button for each phone, then they would be able to tell when not to intercom someone. (though I do not think there is any way to force intercom off.)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

danielwiebe
Level 1
Level 1

Just a thought...

Why not have users who do not want to be disturbed call forward all to their mailboxes. ie 6202 for extension 202?

I'm not sure if that would light up the monitor button (I really need a lab system ) but at least then when they don't want to be disturbed they won't be. If the receptionist forwards a call to them and their is no light on the sidecar they will know by getting the voicemail that the set has been forwarded.

HTH

CFA status is not reflected on buttons/lines icons.

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

I may be mistaken, but I am 99% certain that you if set the button for "watch" instead of "monitor" that DnD status is indicated as a red light.

If you use "watch" buttons and a "dialable intercom" button for each phone, then they would be able to tell when not to intercom someone. (though I do not think there is any way to force intercom off.)

Correct, and rated.

Points awared to Daniel Placek!  Thank you sir.  Another happy client in the books. 

I appreciate all your responses.  Best SBS support would give me when I called in was NO, NO way!  NO.  Have to use CCO. 

Then I asked him, "Oh CCO will do it?  we can't get it to come up in CCO either" and he said "Oh, well i was thinking maybe CCO"

Yeah right .