cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does 524SG support "feature" ring?

aaronc123
Level 1
Level 1

I want to use the standard ring for an incoming Octo line, and set the local extensions to use the feature ring ... it doesn't seem to be working as the customer is reporting that they both sound the same ... it is working via my remote IPCUM ... any thoughts?

They are still on 7.1.3

Thanks

Aaron

4 Replies 4

The 524 phone does not support octo lines.

Marcos

1) I have them "working" with octo line now ... but they are not supported officially?

2) Can you comment on feature ring specifically on that phone?

THanks

Octo lines are not supported on this phone, and AFAIK, feature ring is. Can you change to dual line and test?

Marcos

I think that I have it ...

I got you demo unit back and set it up in the lab.

1) Feature ring on the 524 is two medium rings ... it's different from the standard ring, but it's not THAT different. Certianly, it's not as different as on the 7900 phones this behavior is the same with a second dual line or octo line assigned to the phone

2) The Octo line seems to behave on the phone, but I'm not setup to test it fully

3) Both Octo line and feature ring break CCA ... feature ring really makes it freak out

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: