Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware 7.5.4 is being rolled back to 7.5.2b

videomaker
Level 1
Level 1

All-

In a previous post, I asked, and was answered about 7.5.4 not 'sticking' for certain phones. https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2216529

What I'm observing to be more specific is that the 7.5.4 is applied successfully (or so it appears on the device and in running the

spa50x-30x-7-5-4 executable).

However, immediately after it renders the successful upgrade message, the phone shows that it is downloading and applying the 7.5.2b firmware again.

Is there a setting on the 504 or 508 devices that restricts firmware from being applied, or?... 

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As far as I know, no.

In advance, device will not download nor apply an upgrade unless ordered to do so. I assume you upgraded phone using spa50x-30x-7-5-4 executable but didn't changed the Upgrade_Rule configuration value in the phone configuration. It seems it still point to file with 7.5.2b firmware, so the phone follow the order and upgrade to it.

Mark thread as answered if it help to you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: