Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware downgrade from 1.2.1 to 1.1.0

Sage Major
Level 1
Level 1

Per the release notes

Because of a change to the bootloader in firmware version 1.2.1(004), downgrading to earlier versions is not possible.

However I took one that was on 1.2.1 and pointed it at my 1.1.0 firmware and it looks like it worked.  The device shows 1.1.0 now.

Are there any expexted issues related to running on this.  The devices are registered and I have not had any issues in my lab.

4 Replies 4

laharper
Community Member

Hello Sage Major,

Previous "beta" versions of 1.2.x firmware allowed downgrading to v1.1.0(011).  However, the official release of v1.2.1(004) will not permit downgrading back to v1.1.0(011).

v1.2.1(004) is a much better firmware version and addresses many issues that were present in v1.1.0(011).  The SPA1x2 ATA will still perform but downgrading back to v1.1.0(011) would revert its capabilities backwards and eliminate the improvements developed in the latest release.

Best Regards,

-Lance Harper

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Every spa on 1.2.1 went down within 48 hours of install, requiring a hard reset to get it to come back up.  I call that a show stopper and not better than the previous firmware.

I have downgraded back to 1.1.0 from v1.2.1(004) and it seems to take and work.  I will be using that going forward

Hello Sage Major,

Have you opened a case with our Support Team?  If not, would you mind?

I would like to take a look at the details why this is happening in your environment.

Information to open a case can be found at the following website:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Best Regards,

-Lance Harper

Cisco Systems, Inc

I tried to open a ticket and they just RMA'D the device

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: