cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Floating Extensions hangs up!

HENRIQUE REIS
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying out the new Floating Extensions feature and while the idea is awesome, I can't seem to get it to work properly.

After creating one I tried it out.  When dialing the extension from an internal phone, I will get a busy signal.  When I try to dial the extension from an external phone, the system hangs up on me.

I can't see what I did wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

mcasimirc63
Level 4
Level 4

Make sure you enter a Call Forward All number under the floating extension.  I believe the purpose of the floating extension is to be able to forward calls externally or internally without using a seat license.  For now, I would view a floating extension as a forwarding number for someone without a physical ip phone.

UPDATE

If you want the floating extension to point to its mailbox, set the Call Forward All number to the Voicemail Access Extension number.  Also make sure you setup the floating extension's mailbox before forwarding calls.

Great thank you.

Right now, I'll just forward it off to the Cell numbers. Seems to be working well.

I'll try the forward all calls to voice mail another time and see what happens.

Thanks again.

'Rique

bethingt
Level 1
Level 1

As Marcus said make sure the CFNA is set properly. IF you are going to a VM make sure that a VM box was created for that floating extension in CUE. If there is a VM box make sure that it is set to be able to log in from any phone, this should be set by default if created through CCA.

Brian