cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Incoming Drops Firmware 2.3.2

revjimb
Level 1
Level 1

We upgraded our UC320W from 2.2.2 to 2.3.2.

After the upgrade, after an incoming call to a shared FXO line went to voicemail, all subsequent incoming calls to the shared FXO line could not be answered, with a message "declined" displaying when a user attempted to pick up, and the call forwarded directly to voicemail.

Is this a known problem? What is the fix?

4 Replies 4

johschaf
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

This is a known issue with FXOs on firmware 2.3.2. There is a Platform Modification File "PMF" that will address this issue.

You can obtain the PMF here: http://www.ciscosbs2.com/movies/ucc/latest/. The name of the PMF is FXO_Overload_disable.pmf.

To install the PMF you will naviagate to: Status -> Devices -> Alter PMF

Then apply the configuration to make the PMF active.

Thanks,

-john

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply!

If I knew anything, I wouldn't be posting a question.

With that said, before I wreak havoc on my business again, I want to be sure I have the right fix.

I thought the FXO overload setting caused the system to drop the call completely. What our system did was deny users the ability to answer, but instead forward the calls to voicemail. When users attempted to pick up the shared FXO line, they received the message "Declined."

Does this fix specifically address this situation?

Before I re-upgrade to 2.3.2 and apply the fix, I want to be sure I won't be downgrading again 4 hours later with unhappy users, and more importantly unhappy customers. We are a retail specialty food store, and service is one of our core values. What happened last time can't happen again. I applied the code off hours and tested, but my testing didn't catch the problem, and it was a disaster by two hours into the business day.

I'm really sad to see Cisco discontinue this box. It makes your IP telephony accessible to many small businesses like ours that would otherwise never attempt this. The hosted options are too expensive and open source systems too much work.

Thanks again for your reply - Jim

Hello,

This PMF is the fix for your issue. I've seen this issue before and you have the exact symptons I've seen previously.

Thanks,

-john

I believe I am having the same symptoms since the upgrade, but application of the PMF mentioned does not fix them.

Is there any resolution to this problem?

Kind regards

Leslie