cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Line preference Configuration

Naum Vitanovski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I installed an UC320W for a client with 3 fxo lines. The line numbers are e.g. 11111111, 22222222 and 33333333

The main company number is 111111111.

When people place an outgoing call a random line is used. How can I set it up so when ever a person makes an outgoing call to use the 1111111 line-the main company number  (e.g. fxo port 1), if the line is not engaged, i.e. to set top priority for this line (fxo port) for making outgoing calls. I went through all the options but could not find a way to do this. As a work around I created a shared fxo line on one of the phone buttons and told the user to use this, for now.

Is there another way of doing this, or it is not possible at the moment with the UC320W.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Naum Vitanovski

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Naum,

The selection order is always the same when using a PBX style dial-plan (for example dial 9 to get out). The selection order is from 1 -> 4 and then use 1->4 on SPA8800 as long as a) the port is not in use, b) is electrically in service, c) not allocated to a Shared FXO where 'use in outbound dialing is NOT checked'.

The other currently available option is as how you have suggested to your customer, to use a shared FXO Line.

Hope this helps.

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Naum,

The selection order is always the same when using a PBX style dial-plan (for example dial 9 to get out). The selection order is from 1 -> 4 and then use 1->4 on SPA8800 as long as a) the port is not in use, b) is electrically in service, c) not allocated to a Shared FXO where 'use in outbound dialing is NOT checked'.

The other currently available option is as how you have suggested to your customer, to use a shared FXO Line.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Thank you for the reply Chris,

It is good to know for the future that the ports used for outside dialing are used in a way of 1->4. This will help me in my future installations.

Appreciate your help.

Naum