Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to access Cisco SPA112

Hi guys,

Quick question. A friend bought a used SPA112 on eBay, but he can't connect to it through the web interface or the IVR interface.

I believe the web interface has been blocked though the UI (Screenshot taken from another SPA112):

web.png

Then, if trying using the IVR, I am being asked for the IVR password, which I do not know.

web.png

Using a paperclip, we have pressed the reset button for up to 2 minutes, but we still can't access the device. I am under the impression the reset button might have been disabled :

web.png

Do you guys have any idea how to hard reset the device if I do not have any password and if the reset button has been disabled?

Note : All screnshots have been taken from another system.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Whats the exact value of VID-PID printed on sticker on bottom of device ?

ATA.png

OK, its retail box, not the OEM one. Its good.

IVR asks you for password which you don't know and reset to factory default doesn't work (I assume you do it properly). It seems your assumptions are correct - Reset as well as WW UI is disabled and IVR password is set.

SPA112 can be locked against unauthorized change from unknown person. It's valuable feature, not bug. This unit seems to be locked and you know no password - e.g. you are unauthorized person.

There's little you can do with it.

1. Ask seller for password or return unit to seller

2. unit may ask an external server for provisioning. In such case, you may (but may not) be able to hijack the session (via DNS or network manipulation) to supply configuration instead of original server. It's your only chance to break in. But if the unit is locked properly, you will not be able to do it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: