i need to create a new cf for my uc520, the original one seems to have problems.. it not boot, and results unreadable . (i've try with different mac and different card reader)
How can i restore all files needed by uc to correctly boot ?
Can i follow a step-by-step guide ?
Thank you so much,
The ideal method to format the flash is by using the "format flash:" command from inside the UC500 Command Line Interface (CLI). In your case, since the UC500 won't even boot, your best option is to:
1) Format it using FAT in Windows, and move the IOS image plus the default configuration to the flash.You can get the latest 7.0.3 ZIP bundle from:
IOS is a ".bin" file and default config a ".cfg" that will depend on your UC500 model. They are easily identifiable.
2) Re-insert the flash in the UC500 and reboot.
3) Once you get the system up and running with the IOS image, do a "copy flash:UC500XXXX.cfg startup-config" via the console (use HyperTeminal 9600, 8, N, 1 username/password = cisco/cisco. Enter enable mode by typing "enable" before doing the copy command)
4) Reboot the UC500 one more time.
5) Open CCA 2.0 and upgrade the system from scratch. This can be done via the "Maintenance" tab. You will need to point CCA to the bundle zip and make sure that you "apply default config" and format using the new directory structure.
Let us know,
Dont rename it. In fact, you can upgrade the system using the ALL button and point to the ZIP (so dont have to unzip it either).
BTW, thats the way mine looks on flash too:
Sorry, but i don't have to upgrade but create a new cf .. i've to copy all files in the UC520-7.0.3.zip file ?
(even the CME-Phone-Loads-7.0.3.tar, CME-Support-Files-7.0.3.tar, SCUE-UC520-7.0.3.zip files witout exctract them ? )