how to configure Secured VPN access thought uc-560

nicanor00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have the UC-560 installed with IP phones, and calls are work fine

I also use it as router gateway to go on internet. Firewall is activated

Now I want to give access to some application on my network from  internet

The user have laptop and PDA, they will  use the browser (internet explorer or firefox) to get access on my  oracle server (port 7778) in the network when he is connected on  internet at home

Is it possible?

If yes do I need to use vpn server or ssl vpn , what is the appropriate option for me?

Could somebody help to configure it ?

Please advise

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The UC560 has built in VPN Server and can handle IPSec (EZVPN) and SSL (Anyconnect) tunnels (up to 20) so thats the most secure and perhaps convenient way to get devices on the LAN.  But if a device isnt capable of running a VPN client, you can also consider opening a port in the Firewall to forward to an internal server (NAT Rule).   All of these things are covered in CCA 3.0.1 Admin guide (Security Section) here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version3_0_1/administration_guide/cca_301_sbcs_admin_guide.pdf

If you are an end customer, you should ask your Cisco partner to do this for you.  if you are a Cisco partner, you should be able to do this yourself, and again, with CCA, only Select Certification / SMB Specialization is required.

Have a great day.

Steve