cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator 8.6 not registering on a UC560

Mark Dragone
Level 1
Level 1

I've run into an issue when trying to install ip communicator 8.6 software on windows vista and 7 machines.  The install runs clean and the first time the communicator is opened it registers and all is well.  Hears when the problem occurs:  When the communicator gets shut down and then is reopened, it will sit there and you get the "registering" displayed on the phone, but the communicator will never register.  If I uninstall and go back to ip communicator 7, there are no problems at all.  Reinstall the 8.6, same thing.  Registers the first time, then will never register again once the communicator is closed and reopened.  Has anybody seen this happen and does anyone know a solution to this problem.  Thanks.

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark,

I remember seeing a thread about this a couple of months back when I was experiencing the same thing. The issue is with Vista and WIN7 Registry, CIPC 8.6 has issues with the entry placements in the registry.

You can manually resolve it, but on a couple of occasions it just reverts back to the way it was, so it was a very quick downgrade back to 7.X it is one less problem I wanted.

I would strongly suggest that you wait for an update of it, maybe a maintenance release version that resolves this problem.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

jeffrey.reese
Level 1
Level 1

I had the exact same problem here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3355255

I opened a case with Small Business Support and about a week later was told that 8.6 is not supported on UC500 platform.  That was the last I heard.

Hi Jeffrey,

I opened a case with Small Business Support and about a week later was  told that 8.6 is not supported on UC500 platform.  That was the last I  heard.

I am not aware of this being the case

I have it working quite well on XP based systems, just have issues with it on Windows 7 systems.

If it is not compatible with UC-500 it would be good if they make notations of this fact somewhere though.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

That's exactly the same thing that I saw as well.  Works fine with XP but Windows registry problems with Windows 7 prevent it from working correctly after the initial configuration.

Here's the last I heard on SR 617691283:

Please downgrade IP communicator to 7.0.(6). I just found out that 8.6 has  not been tested with the UC500. Once you downgrade please let me know. I would  like to close this case so, please let me know how the downgrade goes. I know  you had some issues with 7.0 IP comm. so, if you do not want to downgrade you  may want to wait to the next release of IP comm. I am very sorry for any  inconvenience this is causing you and your customer. Please let me know how you  are moving on this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: