cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a new "Office Administrator Guide" for the UC500 series?

Northeaster01
Level 1
Level 1

The one I have a link to shows how to use the CUE webGUI to make changes to phones as well as VM.  The screen shot on page 2 shows CUE version 7.0, where you could use the webGUI at IP address 10.1.10.1, and makes changes to phones and VM.

I believe, with the latest 8.1.0 software pack, the WebGUI at this IP address 10.1.10.1 now only lets you make changes to the CUE VM system.  To make changes to sets, you have to go to URL 10.1.10.2/telephony_serivce.html, in order to access the CUCM and make changes to phones (or use the CCA).

Please let me know if this is correct, and if so, is there a newer Office Admin Guide that reflects the way the latest release works?

If I am doing something wrong, or there is an easier / better way, please let me know.

As well, I have not used the Office manager program, and would like to know if it is useful (for technician or end customer?

Does it let you do anything easier or better than the CCA or WebGUI referenced below?

Currently I use:

CLI to check config, etc

CCA 3.0 to run Telephony Wizard and make most changes.

WebGUI 10.1.10.1 to add admin mailbox, PIN, passwords and configure AA/menu picks * I know you can do this in CCA, but like this interface**

WebGUI at 10.1.10.2/telephony_service.html to make some changes to users/ extensions, and system.

Mailbox 397 to record voice prompts.

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Web GUIs are not supported.

The end user Admin tool is Office Manager (OM)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9839

Office manager has several things CCA doesnt or the older non supported CUE GUI used to have.

If you have 15 minutes.. check this:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14804

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the quick reply, and the information that the WebGUI not being supported!

Unfortunately, your 1st link to the Office Manager Doc, says the file has been removed.

And, I am not able to open the PowerPoint presentation, in your 2nd link.  I get an error.  I also tried opening it on another PC, and spoke with my PC support desk, who thought it may be corrupted, as they didn't see any other reason it should not open.

If there was another link or format to get either of the info, I certainly would appreciate it!

Thanks,

darrell

Apologize for the first link... It is visible to me (but is shows deleted to the community),  I am asking why...

In the mean time use this:  www.cisco.com/go/officemanager

I just downloaded the PPTX file just fine.  As we used to say in the telecom industry

"trouble is OK leaving here" :-)  Not sure what the problem is there?